By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

This has been the year of RPGs for PS5 and I fucking love it. Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. Persona 3 Reload. FF7 Rebirth. Eiyuden Chronicles. Granblue Fantasy Relink. Sandland (personally did not play) Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengence. Visions of Mana. Dragon Quest III Remake.  Ys X.

Seriously insane. This is PS1/PS2 levels of awesome not just quantity but all quality games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Metaphor getting a high 94 on MC in the PS5 version, it's ahead of base Persona 5 and just behind Astro Bot in all time rankings.
The other versions are a bit lower scored tho.
The trailers really did not get me into the mood to try it, but I'll look into it a bit more.

G2ThaUNiT said:

I remember there being rumors earlier this year that the original GoW trilogy was getting remastered, but now seeing more chatter online about Nixxes remastering the entirety of the GoW Greek series. Ascension is named, but I'm assuming Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus would be included.

Said to be announced early next year. We knew Nixxes was working on something big outside of just PC ports. This would be pretty insane!

My wish would see all Greek Era games put together into a single continuos game, that would be sick.

Leynos said:

This has been the year of RPGs for PS5 and I fucking love it. Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. Persona 3 Reload. FF7 Rebirth. Eiyuden Chronicles. Granblue Fantasy Relink. Sandland (personally did not play) Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengence. Visions of Mana. Dragon Quest III Remake.  Ys X.

Seriously insane. This is PS1/PS2 levels of awesome not just quantity but all quality games.

Do you like The legend of Heroes series?  I am playing through Daybreak right now and having a time with it, although it is a bit different than previous entries. 

Ngl, Silent Hill 2 has gone into my GOTY list for sure. Holy hell did Bloober Team knock it out of the park!

It's really giving the RE remakes a run for their money.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Leynos said:

Do you like The legend of Heroes series?  I am playing through Daybreak right now and having a time with it, although it is a bit different than previous entries. 

I have played old Dragon Slayer/ Trails in the Sky and Cold Steel and just can't get into them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

G2ThaUNiT said:

I remember there being rumors earlier this year that the original GoW trilogy was getting remastered, but now seeing more chatter online about Nixxes remastering the entirety of the GoW Greek series. Ascension is named, but I'm assuming Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus would be included.

Said to be announced early next year. We knew Nixxes was working on something big outside of just PC ports. This would be pretty insane!

I'm skeptical myself. Nixxies has never worked with Santa Monica. Only Bluepoint and Jetpack Interactive have.

It's more likely that Nixxies is working on a day 1 PC port of Horizon online, and will be supporting content drops for it. Their next PC port would be Spiderman 2. 

They've worked with both Guerilla and Insomniac. 

That said, I'd be down for Greek series to be available somehow: PS classics would be good enough for me, but a remake of the original games would be something.

G2ThaUNiT said:

God of War 1, 2, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus absolutely needs to be remastered and released on both PC and PS4/PS5. 3 is already remastered on PS4 but I would love to see a PC port of it.

Ascension can burn in hell, garbage ass game. Chains of Olympus was more enjoyable and that should tell you how bad Ascension is.

BasilZero said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

God of War 1, 2, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus absolutely needs to be remastered and released on both PC and PS4/PS5. 3 is already remastered on PS4 but I would love to see a PC port of it.

Ascension can burn in hell, garbage ass game. Chains of Olympus was more enjoyable and that should tell you how bad Ascension is.

Ascension is a great game. It's only issue is that the story is not particularly needed. Best looking Kratos too.

And Chains is definitely the worst game of the series, but that's not saying much cause entire series is so enjoyable.