By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I finally was able to get started on Astro Bot this past weekend after finishing up a couple other games, and man this game is such a fun time! I'll 100% the second galaxy this evening. Bright and colorful, fantastic upbeat soundtrack, tight platforming (although double jumping, I've had some issues with where it'll activate on an initial jump when jumping off a type of terrain. Primarily noticed it during the challenges) great use of in-game physics, and some very fun and clever mechanics in certain levels. Some of which coming over from Playroom.

Really my only criticism off the top of my head is including the bots you need to rescue as part of the challenges (outside of the double jumping activating when it isn't supposed to) I love having the challenges there but including them as part of one of the core gameplay loops of rescuing the bots I think will wall off a lot of players. Especially those that aren't the best at platformers but still want to 100% the game. A lot of these shape challenges are TOUGH! But oh so satisfying when accomplished! It would've been great if Team Asobi had included a cool cosmetic unlock as part of completing the shape challenges rather than a normal bot rescue you will have already done a hundred times.

But that's my only nitpick so far in what's otherwise been a very special game. Can't wait to complete everything the game has to offer!

Around the Network