By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

G2ThaUNiT said:

Where's the rumor stemming from?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1fct1jg/guy_on_twitter_in_august_leaked_a_bunch_of_ps5/

Around the Network

European countries automatically include VAT in their prices right?
So it is hard to convert to USD with that in mind.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

BasilZero said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Where's the rumor stemming from?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1fct1jg/guy_on_twitter_in_august_leaked_a_bunch_of_ps5/

That can't be right. Those aren't Euros. The currency is in Pounds. A quick Google currency switch to Pounds says the digital PS5 Pro is $650 and the Disc-based version is almost $800. There would have to be something else not being accounted for that a straight currency conversion just can't cover. 

I'm guessing $600 digital and $700 disc-based personally. Maybe $650 for disc-based since Sony sells the disc drive separate for $80 already. Wouldn't make any sense to make the disc-based SKU $20 more expensive lol

G2ThaUNiT said:

That can't be right. Those aren't Euros. The currency is in Pounds. A quick Google currency switch to Pounds says the digital PS5 Pro is $650 and the Disc-based version is almost $800. There would have to be something else not being accounted for that a straight currency conversion just can't cover. 

I'm guessing $600 digital and $700 disc-based personally. Maybe $650 for disc-based since Sony sells the disc drive separate for $80 already. Wouldn't make any sense to make the disc-based SKU $20 more expensive lol

Well that should tell you how much I know about European and UK currency lol

Edit: So $200 more for the disc version of the PS5 Pro compared to the OG PS5...thats breaking bank.

I'm already spending so much in the next few months on top of what I been spending in the last few months lol.

PS5 Pro or Switch 2...I'll go with Switch 2 since I've gotten a PS5 little over a year ago.

the-pi-guy said:

This stream is only 9 minutes long, I doubt that Cerny will show off a game.

yup, not expecting a game tomorrow but I expect an announcement that we will get a State of Play in the next 2 weeks. They have done it before to make SoP centralized in a specific game but this time could be about more than just 1 game.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Well that should tell you how much I know about European and UK currency lol

Edit: So $200 more for the disc version of the PS5 Pro compared to the OG PS5...thats breaking bank.

I'm already spending so much in the next few months on top of what I been spending in the last few months lol.

PS5 Pro or Switch 2...I'll go with Switch 2 since I've gotten a PS5 little over a year ago.

Those Pro versions are completely avoidable.

Get a PS5 if you still didn't get one or the next Nintendo, PS5 Pro comes up last every scenario.

coolbeans said:
GymratAmarillo said:

Busy weekend playing Astrobot and I just read the tweets of Days Gone director (not longer an employee of PlayStation for those out of the loop) talking shit about Astrobot lol. that guy is a fucking idiot. He was just annoying talking no stop about PlayStation when he isn't even part of the company anymore but this? This is just sad.

But it actually makes me happy because I have a lot of faith in Bend and this just backs up my theory that Days Gone problems come mostly from that guy. There is no way that such a miserable person doesn't affect everything he touches.

Service or not Bend deserves a second chance now more than yesterday lol.

I mean... it's a rather convenient theory w/ impressive leaps to get there.  How does it reckon with him being one of the core guys behind the Syphon Filter universe or writing some of the most accredited 1st-party Vita titles?

Easy, everyone changes. Doesn't matter how good you did in the past, you can turn at any time.

Easiest and biggest example is David Jaffe. He went from congratulating Cory Barlog for his work at God of War to trash PlayStation and God of War at any chance he has in less than 4 years. What changed? His views on youtube, that changed, he realized hate sells on the internet.

And I prefer to have a "convenient" theory than thinking Bend is just "bad" because people didn't connect with days gone lol.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Hard to think of a franchise that has had a more tumultuous history than Destiny. For every high the series has had, it's been followed up a low, and vice versa. 

But when the series hits, it hits hard and doesn't let go.

Kind of crazy that Destiny 2 will keep getting content but at this point I think is for the best. Destiny is the closest Bungie and their playerbase have to stability right now, the worst move would be to move on from it just after the release of one of their best content in Final Shape and all the destruction the Bungie administration did the last year.

I kind of expect Horizon PS5 update to be announced soon.