By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

haxxiy said:
Bandorr said:

You get something for completing the demo. Plus you get to skip the area if you beat the demo. So really it's no time wasted.

I am waiting until the 21 where they add more content.

I like getting a jump on playing the game since they will allow you to skip over the area when the game actually comes out.

So is it the very beginning of the game? Or I'd have a weird-ass skip shoved in the middle of the narrative?

This isn't like FF16 where they just chose a point in the game.

This is right at the beginning. So if you beat it in the demo you can just skip it in the game.

No lost time.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
haxxiy said:

So is it the very beginning of the game? Or I'd have a weird-ass skip shoved in the middle of the narrative?

This isn't like FF16 where they just chose a point in the game.

This is right at the beginning. So if you beat it in the demo you can just skip it in the game.

No lost time.

I'll experience the glory of the beginning again, like a seasoned traveler revisiting a beloved destination.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Helldivers 2 is blowing up on social media.

This is turning into the next big multiplayer hit. 255K peak yesterday, 300K is in reach, but 400K+ may be on the table, especially with how the game has gone viral. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a top three opening for PlayStation first party.

With Sony's recent comments about it getting harder to drop the price of the PS5, I've been thinking about the possibility of a prolonged generation, and how it may be the best move going forward.

Game development is just too long nowadays.

Maybe a Q1 2030 launch for the PS6 at the PS2's 30th anniversary and exactly 5 years after the Switch 2. Might seem like a long time but time flies guys.

Around the Network

If anything, next gen Xbox leaks and Sony's new statements imply a shorter generation. This generation started with great official prices but will end up with bad prices. Production costs just aren't going down. PC is pretty much killing Xbox and is likely hurting Playstation hardware sales as well. Everyone was hyperfocused on Xbox vs Playstation, ignoring the elephant in the room (PC). At the prices they're going for, there is a decent chance that PS5 would fail to outsell the PS4 even if Series XS production ends.

Still... I'm looking forward to that GTA6 effect. Coupled with a hypothetical permanent price drop, 2025 could be just as big if not bigger than 2023 for Sony.

EDIT: nvm

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 16 February 2024

Helldivers 2 sitting at #34 for most ever concurrent players on Steam.  

Just passed Halo Infinite, and just behind Skyrim.  

These server issues though. Literally suffering from success...

haxxiy said:
EricHiggin said:

I'm not so sure XB will make a handheld. It wouldn't surprise me that much if they did, because it does sort of fit into play everywhere, but after todays podcast update, their focus was still clearly on performance and power in the future. That doesn't mean they can't have an XBSX2 next gen along with an XBS M or H (mobile/handheld), but after everything else they hinted at, they didn't seem to hint at different hardware at all. They also focused on what made the most business sense for XB, and putting XB games or GP on other (mobile and handheld) hardware makes more sense first, if they can grow that way.

Now if they do decide to make a handheld, I can't see them dropping the S model for an MH model. I'd guess they would just add it to the lineup. 3 'consoles' is pushing the limit as to consumer confusion, but if 1 is a handheld (could be a hybrid), that makes it a bit easier, having 2 consoles and 1 handheld. The XBSS is selling way too good to drop, and how many of those players will downgrade to an MH or upgrade to an X? The X has already been available, though was a bit hard to get for a while, yet even now, X sales aren't taking off. Unless XB feels really confident that most S owners and new customers will just get a MH, they won't and shouldn't drop the S model.

There was a handheld in the Xbox leaks. Also way too much smoke from Phil & other insiders in that regard.

I don't expect them to replace it outright (this gen, at leas) just that it having the same spec as a Series S makes the most sense.

I saw the leaks but XB has been toying with the handheld idea for a long time now, which they mentioned a while back, so I'm not all that convinced they'll go for it just yet. I'd say I'm more 70/30 they won't right now, but if hardware sales keep dropping and GP doesn't take off, they'll need another way to bring gamers in and a handheld could help.

A 4TF handheld next gen wouldn't be bad as long as it had reasonable enough battery life. Then might as well have a 12TF S2 and 30-36TF X2? S to X is 3X power now. Rumors say PS5 Pro should be around 20TF, so 30-40TF next gen shouldn't be out of the question. Would depend on how much of a gap the devs are ok with. Maybe if XB gets the RAM allotment right this time they could make it work.

I'd still shoot for 1 handheld and 1 console in that case. Make sure the console hits $400 and make sure it's worth every penny, whatever the performance.