By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Started Part II this past weekend and the game runs at 4K on fidelity and 40fps (or more) with VRR.

On performance mode, the game runs at 1440p and around 90-100 fps, not bad.

Around the Network
twintail said:

You're right, but is this team really getting much done lately? I'd hope a PS2 emulator (and a Vita one) appear this year at the very least. ANd I think Nixxies skillset has lateral movement over to helping.

Nonetheless, I'd rather PS3 BC rather than PS3 remasters. I'd actually prefer Nixxies to work on PSVR ports to PS5/ PC than PS3 remasters when an emulator should be a viable option of sorts by now. 

I am assuming that these things take a lot of time. And I doubt that Sony has a lot of people on it or anything.

Zippy6 said:

Aren't all those PS2 on PS4 titles like Dark Cloud etc using emulation? So they already have a PS2 emulator that works on PS5 they just haven't released nearly enough games that use it.

With a jailbreak PS4 you can use the emulator with any PS2 iso apparently but compatibility is hit or miss.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Yes. 
There's been some suggestion that Sony is reworking it though.

Despite pushing the Premium PS+ tier, Sony has yet to put out a new PS2 game. PS1 and PSP games have been the only ones launched. 

I think it's obvious they're working on it, they've even updated the PS1 emulation early on.

the-pi-guy said:

Yes. 
There's been some suggestion that Sony is reworking it though.

Despite pushing the Premium PS+ tier, Sony has yet to put out a new PS2 game. PS1 and PSP games have been the only ones launched. 

I think it's obvious they're working on it, they've even updated the PS1 emulation early on.

Now that I think about it...are there any notable releases on PS2 worth porting/remastering over that hasnt already been re-released?

Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, God of War, GTA, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Disgaea, etc all are available on modern platforms in one form or another.

PS1 and PSP games not so much.

Zippy6 said:

Aren't all those PS2 on PS4 titles like Dark Cloud etc using emulation? So they already have a PS2 emulator that works on PS5 they just haven't released nearly enough games that use it.

With a jailbreak PS4 you can use the emulator with any PS2 iso apparently but compatibility is hit or miss.

I'm sure they already have emulator running for PS1,2,3, PSP and perhaps PSVita as well. But they are launching games cadenced and for people to buy those games on the library or well sub to the highest tier.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zippy6 said:

From what I've read and seen, the emulator is trash on PS5. The PS1 and PSP emulators also sport upgraded features like the rewind and save state functionality. 

This is why there have been no new PS2 games since the release of PS1/ PSP emulation on PS4/ PS5: because it's outdated, and the games don't run well on PS5.

When Sony does release a new PS2 emulator, these PS2 on PS4 games will just be forgotten imho, and possibly delisted when they are re-released on the new emulator. 

Around the Network

100% No Return. Think I finished around 50-60 encounters in total, definitely a good pick and play time filler.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Finished my Platinum run for FF16! What a game. That Omega boss fight in the Echoes of the Fallen DLC on FF Mode was very stressful Grinded for the Ultima Sword beforehand only for the Omega Sword to be just as powerful but look far better lol. Really enjoyed Clive's journey. Quite the painful, raw, but satisfying journey.

On to Spider-Man 2!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Finished my Platinum run for FF16! What a game. That Omega boss fight in the Echoes of the Fallen DLC on FF Mode was very stressful Grinded for the Ultima Sword beforehand only for the Omega Sword to be just as powerful but look far better lol. Really enjoyed Clive's journey. Quite the painful, raw, but satisfying journey.

On to Spider-Man 2!

I loved FF16 too. I will wait the PC version to do it again with the DLC

-Adonis- said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

On to Spider-Man 2!

I loved FF16 too. I will wait the PC version to do it again with the DLC

I thought about doing that but then I realized I would not have the time to do another playthrough on another platform, and I got impatient  

I wonder if the PC version will launch as a "GOTY Edition" or something that will include the DLC. 

I got serious choice paralysis between the new modes in Ragnarok and TLOU Part II lol.

I'm leaning towards Valhalla because of the free update, but I feel like No Return is the better rotation game, in the sense that its easier to pick up and go after a week or so of not playing it.