By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

zeldaring said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't finish Abby/Ellie because both have closed their revenge arc and now are on redemption path.

Naw but i wanted my revenge. I went through hell to find this person and lost too much friends/father  and a finger or 2 can't remember to just let it go when i finally find her i just forgive her. super lame story telling.

Sounds like you missed the thematic tissue that binds these elements, which I think is unfortunate. But it is what it is. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't finish Abby/Ellie because both have closed their revenge arc and now are on redemption path.

Naw but i wanted my revenge. I went through hell to find this person and lost too much friends/father  and a finger or 2 can't remember to just let it go when i finally find her i just forgive her. super lame story telling.

I enjoyed the game from start to finish, it certainley took its emotional roller coaster toll on the player.  Although the ending would have ultimately been the choice I would have made, I wouldn't have minded if Naughty Dog had two endings based on your choices in the final moments.

twintail said:
zeldaring said:

Sounds like you missed the thematic tissue that binds these elements, which I think is unfortunate. But it is what it is. 

Naw i get it. Revenge is bad and only makes things worse but we got to the point that it can't get much worse and it something thats been done to death in anime, and some movies. Give me a choice. would have loved to finish her off considering she basically erased so many great characters in the game, and made me do unspeakable acts.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 07 October 2023

zeldaring said:
DonFerrari said:

I was very much ok with TLOU2 end.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Preordered FF7 Rebirth (Twin Pack) and finished FF7 Remake + Intermission (Hard Mode).

As I'd feared, I hate what they're doing with the plot, and some of the more serious scenes felt poorly written and weirdly directed. And I didn't enjoy the final boss fights of either the main game nor Yuffie's expansion, even gameplay wise.

But with the negativity out of the way... the battle system is RIDICULOUS! It's engaging, it's fluid, tactical, skill intensive, and quite unique. I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Definitely a contender for best Final Fantasy combat in my book. Though I imagine it would have been better without stagger.

The voice acting is surprisngly good too. Visuals inconsistent but good enough, and animation work is phenomenal, especially Yuffie's, not sure how to put it into words but she's a joy to control when traversing. Her animation transitions are amazing and yet controlling her feels responsive. And I just love how the characters react when bumping onto NPCs, and how their feet don't clip into uneven surfaces, rather each foot sits naturally at different height levels. You rotate the character around uneven floors and they behave surprisngly naturally to the little bumps and angles. Fumito Ueda stuff right there. Lovely attention to detail.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
twintail said:

Naw i get it. Revenge is bad and only makes things worse but we got to the point that it can't get much worse and it something thats been done to death in anime, and some movies. Give me a choice. would have loved to finish her off considering she basically erased so many great characters in the game, and made me do unspeakable acts.

Whether revenge is bad or not isn't really the message, since tlou2, just like the first game, isn't making a moral judgement on the decisions characters make.

Which is why the player isn't given a choice, much like the first game. 

twintail said:
zeldaring said:

Whether revenge is bad or not isn't really the message, since tlou2, just like the first game, isn't making a moral judgement on the decisions characters make.

I think the direct message revenge is a never ending  cycle  and just leads to more pain and suffering. like if abby didn't want revenge she would have not lost many of her loved friends and  same with ellie, basically meaning revenge is bad which the results are clear as day in last of us 2. In the end ellie realized that killing abby won't help heal her pain and revenge is not good. 

I wish ND would make that rumored/teased space IP or a new Uncharted :(

BasilZero said:

I think they are making the teased space ip and Last of Us part 3, someone else is making Uncharted, more than likely Bend Studio.

zeldaring said:
twintail said:

I think the direct message revenge is a never ending  cycle  and just leads to more pain and suffering. like if abby didn't want revenge she would have not lost many of her loved friends and  same with ellie, basically meaning revenge is bad which the results are clear as day in last of us 2. In the end ellie realized that killing abby won't help heal her pain and revenge is not good. 

Whether revenge is bad or not is you colouring the meaning of the actions taking place, which again is the reason why the player is not given a choice in the final decision. The choice you as a player would've taken defines how you view revenge (in a holistic framework of what revenge is etc) during a sequence when the main character finally accepts the limits to how she is dealing with her trauma.

Ellie most assuredly isn't make a moral call either. 

rapsuperstar31 said:
BasilZero said:

I think they are making the teased space ip and Last of Us part 3, someone else is making Uncharted, more than likely Bend Studio.

Didn't Bend confirm they're working on a new IP? I'm confident TloU3 and a new Uncharted are in the works though. I'd like the sci-fi speculation to be true too, but I'm good with anything.