By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

So far we've seen:

- Naughty Dog

- Insomniac Games with Nixxes

- Guerilla Games

- Unreal Engine based games (Sony Bend, Housemarque)

- Santa Monica

All seem to have a good/quick pipeline to PC. We have yet to see Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Team Asobi (their games are so PS focused, I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens), San Diego (surprised MLB hasn't made it to PC), Polyphony.

Media Molecule is another one that probably won't make their game on PC. The rest I think are currently working on Live Services (Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, London Studio, possibly Valkyrie) and those I would expect day 1 on PC.  

Overall it seems like 2/3rds of Sony has a pipeline set up for PC. Hopefully Polyphony joins the list in the next few months with GT7.

Sucker Punch, Bluepoint and San Diego feel pretty surprising at this point. The former are already like 3 years old, and the latter is already releasing on Switch and Xbox, so why not PC?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

So far we've seen:

- Naughty Dog

- Insomniac Games with Nixxes

- Guerilla Games

- Unreal Engine based games (Sony Bend, Housemarque)

- Santa Monica

All seem to have a good/quick pipeline to PC. We have yet to see Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Team Asobi (their games are so PS focused, I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens), San Diego (surprised MLB hasn't made it to PC), Polyphony.

Media Molecule is another one that probably won't make their game on PC. The rest I think are currently working on Live Services (Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, London Studio, possibly Valkyrie) and those I would expect day 1 on PC.  

Overall it seems like 2/3rds of Sony has a pipeline set up for PC. Hopefully Polyphony joins the list in the next few months with GT7.

Sucker Punch, Bluepoint and San Diego feel pretty surprising at this point. The former are already like 3 years old, and the latter is already releasing on Switch and Xbox, so why not PC?

Your points make a lot of sense if we think about consistency

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A lot of over the top takes with regards to Jim Ryan. 

I think very little would have changed if someone else was in charge. Consolidation and live service games have been a growing part of the industry. 

Japan Studio had been getting downsized for years, well before Jim Ryan. 

Not that he shouldn't be blamed for anything.  

With that said, there have been some positives the past few years. PlayStation Studios has expanded a lot. Might not have diversified in a great way, and there are a handful of weaknesses personally and otherwise. But overall, I think it's hard to argue that PlayStation Studios isn't in a better spot. 

Lmao, i dont even with the bad takes about Jim Ryan xD

I just hope the new ceo improves the communication, states of play been good lately but i hope they do some shows like they used to do 8 years ago

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Horizon Forbidden West coming to PC early next year.

Nice.

I still have the first game on both PS4 and PC which I need to play lol

(I'm planning to likely get it on PS5 first because it'll get cheaper there).

My current PC probably wouldnt be able to handle it at a stable 60 FPS either ways and I'd want to play this game at 4K 60 or whatever the highest quality is on PC in the future.

the-pi-guy said:

A lot of over the top takes with regards to Jim Ryan. 

I think very little would have changed if someone else was in charge. Consolidation and live service games have been a growing part of the industry. 

Japan Studio had been getting downsized for years, well before Jim Ryan. 

Not that he shouldn't be blamed for anything.  

With that said, there have been some positives the past few years. PlayStation Studios has expanded a lot. Might not have diversified in a great way, and there are a handful of weaknesses personally and otherwise. But overall, I think it's hard to argue that PlayStation Studios isn't in a better spot. 

You are perfectly right on that. Most of what happened would happen anyway, but certainly he was aligned or pushing in that direction (which a lot of us don't like much, but financially for a company it makes sense).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

My dualsense drift became too bad to ignore. It's drifting like crazy now, like perpetually moving to the left

Anybody has any idea of how to fix it? Will I need to buy another controller ?

twintail said:

Guys, Ghost of Tsushima is finally on sale.
There's 2 versions of the directors cut. Is the more expensive one both PS4 and PS5?

Yes and I wish there was a PS5 only version where it was $20 :(

IcaroRibeiro said:

My dualsense drift became too bad to ignore. It's drifting like crazy now, like perpetually moving to the left

Anybody has any idea of how to fix it? Will I need to buy another controller ?

There is the reset options that may fix, also the fw updates... but in brazil you may try to ask for warranty repair even after the 12 months.