By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

PotentHerbs said:

Embracer being open to divest some of their studios makes for an interesting scenario. Do you guys think PlayStation could use some of their assets? Personally, I'd be hyped for a 4A + Metro IP acquisition.

And Crystal Dynamics, then buy SE and merge them again kkkkkk

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
PotentHerbs said:

Embracer being open to divest some of their studios makes for an interesting scenario. Do you guys think PlayStation could use some of their assets? Personally, I'd be hyped for a 4A + Metro IP acquisition.

Don't expect Tomb Raider. They sold the IP to Amazon for $600 million

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

the-pi-guy said:

So what's everyone playing right now?

I have like 70 percent of Final Fantasy XVI story done. I wanna beat it before the Cyberpunk expansion comes out. 

Leynos said:
DonFerrari said:

I think they sold the rights for movies and things like that but they still have the ownership of the IP.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Leynos said:

I think they sold the rights for movies and things like that but they still have the ownership of the IP.

Well for whatever reason Amazon is Publishing the next game.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

The original Final Fantasy VII

well, the PC version that’s on Steam 👀

Last edited by axumblade - on 22 September 2023

PotentHerbs said:

That would be pretty big for them. Having a stable FPS studio I think would be something Sony is looking at.

Gunfire Games could be a good match for Sony.  And like 4A Games, they come with VR experience. 

the-pi-guy said:

Playstation wise

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4) - finished Dante/Nero and Vergil playthroughs - playing through as Lady/Trish, on mission 8 (doing both devil hunter and human modes) - 30 hours in, going to finish it up soon so I can save up its space for FFVII Remake Intergrade which I will start sometime next month.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4 on PS5) - almost done with Terra's playthrough, 10 hours in and at lv 28. Gonna finish this up probably sometime during the holidays (November likely) - will be replaced by Final Fantasy XVI

Driveclub (PS4) - on the last trophy race set on the base game. 69 hours in - after that I'll play the DLCs and then the Bike Expansion.

Speaking of FFVII Remake Intergrade....downloading it now, well the expansion now at least.

Also just nice to look back, cant believe I clocked in so many hours on FFXV - its literally my most played FF game (in one overall playthrough wise) and also my first platinum trophy.

twintail said:

That would be pretty big for them. Having a stable FPS studio I think would be something Sony is looking at.

Gunfire Games could be a good match for Sony.  And like 4A Games, they come with VR experience. 

I'm not too familiar with Gunfire Games output.

Although, I do agree having a few more FPS studios is something Sony should be looking at. I wonder if Sony is looking towards Gearbox Entertainment, despite not owning the Borderlands IP, they do have a good relationship with Take Two, and they bring expertise in a field their first party currently lacks. 

PotentHerbs said:
twintail said:

I'm not too familiar with Gunfire Games output.

Although, I do agree having a few more FPS studios is something Sony should be looking at. I wonder if Sony is looking towards Gearbox Entertainment, despite not owning the Borderlands IP, they do have a good relationship with Take Two, and they bring expertise in a field their first party currently lacks. 

Gunfire made Darksiders III and Remnent.