By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Just logged in to say:

Fuck you, Sony.

Around the Network

Sony is relentless with the price increases this generation. Games, upgrades, consoles and now subscription services. They have only walked back one of these things due to outrage on social media. 

PotentHerbs said:

Sony is relentless with the price increases this generation. Games, upgrades, consoles and now subscription services. They have only walked back one of these things due to outrage on social media. 

I mean, you DO understand how inflation works, right? Bread ain't a nickel anymore, and games are a luxury. 

As long as people keep paying it, companies will keep charging. I hate it. It sucks, but that's just how it is. It's up to them to decide what they price things and up to us to decide if it's worth it. 

This entitled internet outrage nonsense needs to stop. We're not entitled to shit. Games are a luxury and as such the prices are up to the companies selling them. If ya don't like it, don't buy it. Internet rage rants don't do shit if the majority still pay it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I mean, you DO understand how inflation works, right? Bread ain't a nickel anymore, and games are a luxury. 

As long as people keep paying it, companies will keep charging. I hate it. It sucks, but that's just how it is. It's up to them to decide what they price things and up to us to decide if it's worth it. 

This entitled internet outrage nonsense needs to stop. We're not entitled to shit. Games are a luxury and as such the prices are up to the companies selling them. If ya don't like it, don't buy it. Internet rage rants don't do shit if the majority still pay it. 

Err.. Actually, some companies have backtracked on bad decisions due to internet outrages before. It happened quite recently, in fact.

Btw, I'm so taking a screenshot of this comment.

Runa216 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Inflation is sitting at 3.2%, a far cry from a 35% increase.  You are sitting here two days before early access for Starfield the biggest non Zelda game of the last few years, Sony got spanked vs Xbox in the head to head direct presentations this year with every first party missing in action besides Spiderman 2 from Insomniac, and they give us Saints Row and some game that has a 45 on metacrtic  score and trying to sell a massive price increase at the same time.  If you raises prices, people don't just rant about it online, 17.5 million people have dropped Disney plus from the price increases.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Ironically enough, I'm not going to buy it, and I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm acting entitled. 

I'm not that bothered by Sony jacking up the prices for their products and services. Sony announcing cross gen versions for HFW, GOWR, GT7, etc, bothered me more than any of their current price increases.

chakkra said:

Err.. Actually, some companies have backtracked on bad decisions due to internet outrages before. It happened quite recently, in fact.

I actually think Runa is right.

Sony won't backtrack on this, the price hike for essential, the tier where the majority of users subscribe to, is nothing outrageous. I also think Sony can do a few things to help smooth over the price hikes for extra/premium, such as releasing their live service/multiplayer games on Extra, enhancing Premium with PlayStation 2 and 3 emulation, as well as cloud gaming, etc. 

I'm just surprised he came at my post with such hostility lol. 

ACVI

Synduality

And now this. Namco is spoiling me!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

chakkra said:
Runa216 said:

Screenshot all you want. I specifically said 'if the majority still pay it'. There was a qualifier that makes the statement accurate. 

And you're still not entitled to shit. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

rapsuperstar31 said:
Runa216 said:

Inflation is sitting at 3.2%, a far cry from a 35% increase.  You are sitting here two days before early access for Starfield the biggest non Zelda game of the last few years, Sony got spanked vs Xbox in the head to head direct presentations this year with every first party missing in action besides Spiderman 2 from Insomniac, and they give us Saints Row and some game that has a 45 on metacrtic  score and trying to sell a massive price increase at the same time.  If you raises prices, people don't just rant about it online, 17.5 million people have dropped Disney plus from the price increases.

My point is that people cry and bitch and moan any time a price goes up. Regardless of the rate, frequency, or compared to inflation rates. 

And that gamers are the loudest, whiniest, most entitled group out there. I've never seen a collective so bitchy about literally everything relative to how little they understand the market. 

I do think the hike is too much, I do dislike it, but Sony's right in that I'll keep paying it. Because it's still worth it. The amount of joy and delight I get out of the service is worth the measly 80 bucks a YEAR or whatever. 

Business is a delicate balancing act. No matter the company, no matter the market, the goal is always to raise prices as high as they can get away with, and once that price point gets them to a point where the audience begins to fall off, that's the sweet spot they'll stick to. It's economics 101 and psychology 101. Really basic stuff but people still whine and cry and complain about it literally every time it happens regardless of whether it makes sense or not. 

Like when games went up to 60 or 70 bucks. If you factor in inflation it should be higher, ESPECIALLY if calculating from the 90s where some games were 80-90 bucks already. Nobody cares about that. They just see the number go up and act outraged about it. And I find it pretty sad and pathetic. 

And what world are you living in where Sony got 'spanked' by microsoft? Microsoft had ONE good presentation in three years, that's not a spanking that's a very brief respite from the beating they've been getting. These imaginary narratives just don't match up with the reality the rest of us are living. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX