By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

gtotheunit91 said:
twintail said:

How do you know that ND is having a content problem? That seems like quite the assumption on your part. 

While true overall, it’s all speculation as to what’s actually going on, but if the report is true that it’s a player retention issue, then it’s a content issue in 1 of 2 ways.

Either the content that’s there doesn’t have a satisfying gameplay/rewards loop (which would require to go back to the drawing board) or there just isn’t enough overall content to keep players interested. Ala Halo Infinite lol.

Both gameplay and rewards, such as cosmetics, are considered content in live-service games. And ND will need to nail both of these key aspects in order to be successful. And having played thousands of hours of Destiny over the years till 2021, I very much know what Bungie thinks are keys to successful live services because they’re vocal about that. 

EDIT: I typed this out on mobile and messed up the quote

That's fair.

More info would be nice, but obviously that isn't going to happen. But you're right, ND needs to nail a lot of the live service aspects, so I think it's probably a good thing they're rethinking certain things through/

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Eh, had enough of medieval fantasy stuff, there's so many more of it than Sci-Fi/Space themed imo.

I've said it before but you could just give me a sci-fi spiritual successor to Uncharted and that'd be enough for me

Of course, I'd want something more than just that. 

2024 for the PlayStation 5 is looking strong despite Sony having a light year for first party:

- Death Stranding 2 (Sony owned IP)
- Rise of the Ronin (XDev collab)
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (timed)
- Concord (first party)

And that's before additional announcements from Summer Games Fest, TGS, State of Play/Showcase, and TGA.

I can't wait to get a midnight black Dualsense from the Days of Play sale! It was a struggle getting through RE4R with stick drift lol.

I think chances are good that 2024 will be a very strong year. 2023 isn't shaping up as well as I would hope. 

Around the Network

Can't wait for the other shows. This showcase was pretty mid.

PotentHerbs said:

I can't wait to get a midnight black Dualsense from the Days of Play sale! It was a struggle getting through RE4R with stick drift lol.

Careful the black ones are the first batch of DS controllers with bad sticks. Unless the serial number ends in A then you're good but if it ends in 1. Stay away. I don't know if they have updated the black ones yet. Only know newer consoles and galaxy colors use the newer sticks. My black one drifted after a month.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Careful the black ones are the first batch of DS controllers with bad sticks. Unless the serial number ends in A then you're good but if it ends in 1. Stay away. I don't know if they have updated the black ones yet. Only know newer consoles and galaxy colors use the newer sticks. My black one drifted after a month.

Definitely going to look into this. Although I prefer the aesthetic of the black Dualsense, if other models have more reliable sticks, I'll have to settle.

Started on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix - as part of the KH 1.5+2.5 collection.

Kinda crazy to think that I started my "KH marathon" with 1.5+2.5 back in 2018 and still playing through it...granted I did play the original GBA CoM, DS 358/2 Days and DS ReCoded as well but took like a almost two year break after I finished KH2 Final Mix.

Once I'm done with BBS, I'll be done with 1.5+2.5 - and will finally play 2.8 and then one step closer to KH3 lol.

-

Playing the game on my PS5 instead of PS4

High resolution boost is quite nice.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 29 May 2023

BasilZero said:

Started on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix - as part of the KH 1.5+2.5 collection.

Kinda crazy to think that I started my "KH marathon" with 1.5+2.5 back in 2018 and still playing through it...granted I did play the original GBA CoM, DS 358/2 Days and DS ReCoded as well but took like a almost two year break after I finished KH2 Final Mix.

Once I'm done with BBS, I'll be done with 1.5+2.5 - and will finally play 2.8 and then one step closer to KH3 lol.

-

Playing the game on my PS5 instead of PS4

High resolution boost is quite nice.

Best game next to 1 and 2 . Enjoy