By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
Jumpin said:

I was sick of hearing about Trump years ago. Hopefully once he's thrown in the oubliette, and we won't have to hear about him anymore.

If you believe that will stop the Trump train, I got a bridge to sell you.  If Trump actually goes to jail we will see even more of Trump and the GOP using him as a rally cry.  Its going to be constant news since he would be the first President to grace the prison halls and knowing our luck, some idiot will let him continue to use this social media account so he can cry us a river of tears from jail.

I understand the concern but I think people are more elastic than you realize. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Machiavellian said:

If you believe that will stop the Trump train, I got a bridge to sell you.  If Trump actually goes to jail we will see even more of Trump and the GOP using him as a rally cry.  Its going to be constant news since he would be the first President to grace the prison halls and knowing our luck, some idiot will let him continue to use this social media account so he can cry us a river of tears from jail.

If all the forums are any indication of how elastic people are, I will have to say I do not have a lot of hope. Even today a poll showed that 60% of conservatives still believe that the election was stolen from Trump.  Currently he leads in all polls against his next rival for the GOP primary by a huge margin.  There are polls showing how so many conservatives believe he committed a crime and STILL will vote for him to be President.  He doesn't even have a platform any more but he still have a strong command of the conservative vote.  So yeah, its hard to see anything changing for the GOP no matter what the outcome of any of the trials he is currently going through.

Wind and solar power pollute the Earth and make life miserable. Recent global and local heat records reflect natural temperature cycles. These are some of the themes of children’s videos produced by an influential conservative advocacy group. Now, the videos could soon be used in Florida’s classrooms. Florida’s Department of Education has approved the classroom use of material from the Prager University Foundation, a conservative group that produces videos that distort science, history, gender and other topics.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/desantiss-florida-approves-climate-denial-videos-in-schools/

CosmicSex said:
Machiavellian said:

I know quite a few boomers (work and relatives) that are all aboard the Trump train, it's Trump or bust for them in 2024.  Jail isn't going to stop Trump, and sadly the false narrative they put out there hooks their voting base more effectively than Democrat's messaging.  Trump could cancel Social Security and Medicare on his first day in office, and boomers would say damn Democrats.

If Hawaii on fire isn't enough to wake conservatives up that there is something "off" about the climate, then nothing will.

They are simply anti-science and out of touch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

If Hawaii on fire isn't enough to wake conservatives up that there is something "off" about the climate, then nothing will.

As stubborn as they are, I doubt they'll change course before they get trapped between a wildfire and a rising sea.

Pemalite said:

No Hawaii is not enough to wake conservatives up because all the media and people they believe have their best interest at heart keep telling them its no big deal, its nature.  Hell, we have Florida pushing anti climate change into regular classrooms now with garbage from Prague University who is looking to to national with a program for all the conservative states.

Machiavellian said:
Pemalite said:

No Hawaii is not enough to wake conservatives up because all the media and people they believe have their best interest at heart keep telling them its no big deal, its nature.  Hell, we have Florida pushing anti climate change into regular classrooms now with garbage from Prague University who is looking to to national with a program for all the conservative states.

That's just messed up.

I would suggest we put these guys on the front lines, but they are likely going to be a liability if they won't believe evidence, which is what we use for training.

Large campaign fires are getting more common, here a large fire was once every 10 years, now it's once every 2-3 years, my workload has more than tripled.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So money, as ever, is the root cause for inaction here. Places like Saudi Arabia don't actually have any other viable natural resource besides oil. Therefore it makes no difference to them whether its poisoning the planet or not. It makes no difference.

Pemalite said:

It won't be. Hawaii is A) 2400 miles from the west coast of the mainland, and B) a blue state. 

Texas or Florida would have to be on fire for them to care.