By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Burden of proof ain't on me when basic logic will tell you that screwing someone pretty clearly will make you look on the more favorably. Don't need anything more than that but go off I guess. If it's thought of as trolling because I can't get a personal testimony from Willie Brown or Montel then...idk what to tell ya. 

What does basic logic tell you about becoming Vice President of the United States based on sleeping with a state assembly member? Why didn't any of the other several hundred other people who were in a similar position become vice president? 

What about all the other jobs she had?

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I always check bias by flipping things and seeing if the other candidate would be attacked. If Trump had slept with his boss and then gotten favorable treatment I'd certainly knock it against him just like people appropriately knock him for inheriting wealth. Simple. Oh but I'm sure Trump got all his loans because of his merit and not because of something else like a familial connection. I guess you can believe in nepotism but not in sexual favorability? Strange.

Plenty of liberals overestimate the importance of nepotism too. 

It's frequently been something held against people like Elon Musk, but I would guarantee there are people who were in a similar position and didn't get as lucky as he did. 

Luck plays a big part in people's lives. 

I think it's absurd when liberals claim that being given a million dollars made it easy to become a billionaire. And similarly it's absurd to claim that Kamala Harris became VP because she slept with someone.  

Have you seen anyone claim that Trump became President because of his dad? 

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I mean hell draft dodging an unpopular war is the whataboutism people refer to as if that's anywhere near as bad about lying about being in war. Cases closed and listing "Oh well she did this OTHER thing where she didn't do that same thing so clearly it doesn't apply to ANY of her accomplishments." is a pretty funny argument too. Oh I guess Trump landed some deals other than those with his family so he never benefited from nepotism based on that argument. 

I've said something similar before, I don't think liberals care about the draft dodging. 

I would almost guarantee that most of them bring up the draft dodging, not because they care about Trump, but as a way to call out conservative hypocrisy. As conservatives love to praise the military and sanctify it, and yet they don't seem to care that Trump lied about it.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 August 2024

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Burden of proof ain't on me when basic logic will tell you that screwing someone pretty clearly will make you look on the more favorably. Don't need anything more than that but go off I guess. If it's thought of as trolling because I can't get a personal testimony from Willie Brown or Montel then...idk what to tell ya. 

What does basic logic tell you about becoming Vice President of the United States based on sleeping with a state assembly member? Why didn't any of the other several hundred other people who were in a similar position become vice president? 

What about all the other jobs she had?

This is the important part imo. She dated someone from '94-'95. During this time, she received a minor appointment to the state Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and later to the California Medical Assistance Commission. You could argue that there was some degree of nepotism going on here, but she continued her extremely successful career for another three decades (and counting) afterwards. If someone wants to get mad about 30 year old nepotism, they can feel free to do so, but to act like it negates her entire career is weirdo shit.

Oh yes, Shawn Fain is speaking, Lmao. That man has no filter, I love it.

Trump Shares Seemingly Fake Taylor Swift Pictures, Swifties Are Fuming - Business Insider

"Seemingly fake" You can say fake, Business Insider, it won't hurt you, they're fake, not "seemingly" fake, Lol.

The last thing I'd want to do is piss off Taylor Swift fans, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Trump Shares Seemingly Fake Taylor Swift Pictures, Swifties Are Fuming - Business Insider

"Seemingly fake" You can say fake, Business Insider, it won't hurt you, they're fake, not "seemingly" fake, Lol.

That's one way to get Swift to officially support Harris.  I'm pretty sure she was gong to anyways, but that will solidify it.

Around the Network
Spoiler!

- Find it funny how well Harris/Walz are doing on Tiktok but they're banning it, Lol. She needs to refuse the ban.

- Some of these "veteran" Democrat advisers need to be told to go away.

• Call to Order: Minyon Moore, chair of the 2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
  • Jaime R. Harrison, chairman of the Democratic National Committee
  • Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson
  • Confirmatory and ceremonial vote for the vice presidential nominee - Minyon Moore
  • Welcome remarks: Peggy Flanagan
  • U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood
  • Rich Logis: former Donald Trump voter
  • U.S. Rep. Robert Garcia
  • Lee Saunders, president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
  • April Verrett, president of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
  • Brent Booker, general president of the Laborers' International Union of North America (LiUNA)
  • Kenneth W. Cooper, international president of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
  • Claude Cummings Jr., president of the Communications Workers of America (CWA)
  • Elizabeth H. Shuler, president of the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
  • "Project 2025-Chapter One: Introduction": Michigan state Sen. Mallory McMorrow
  • Gina M. Raimondo, United States secretary of commerce
  • New York Gov. Kathy Hochul
  • Shawn Fain, president of the United Automobile Workers
  • U.S. Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton, former United States secretary of state
  • U.S. Rep. James E. Clyburn
  • U.S. Rep. Jamie Raskin
  • U.S. Rep. Jasmine Crockett
  • U.S. Rep. Grace Meng
  • Amanda and Josh Zurawski, Texas; Kaitlyn Joshua, Louisiana; Hadley Duvall, Kentucky
  • Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear
  • The Rev. Raphael G. Warnock, Georgia senator
  • U.S. Sen. Chris Coons
  • First Lady Jill Biden
  • Ashley Biden
  • President Joe Biden

Chicago DNC speaker schedule 2024: Democratic National Convention program released, as Dems look toward future with Kamala Harris - ABC7 Chicago

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

These people are so fucking weird, losing their mind over spicy food comments and Harris eating Doritos

It's Obama's tan suit all over again.  

Ryuu96 said:

From the same guy that screamed "fake supporters" and "AI" because he doesn't understand how angles work in optics.

Ryuu96 said:
Spoiler!

WTF?  

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

He was talking to a couple from north Carolina and I already responded to your post listing everything Kamala has ever done in her life. Until you prove she didn't sleep with people she was professionally involved with or prove that that didn't effect their decision making I'd say you're the one to apologize. It's also rich being told you're repeating talking points when half the person's posts are just putting up X posts, many of which are from "Kamala HQ" lol. The lack of self awareness is truly startling. It's just the usual ists and isms and phobes otherwise. Tired talking points with nothing behind them 🥱

You have lost all remaining shreds of credibility you had left.  Burden of proof.  If you cannot understand and adhere to this concept, then you have forfeited your standing in any further debate or statements of fact. 

You now have to prove to us that you don't fantasize about Trump sucking on your toes. Go on. Prove it.  And you have 2 minutes.  

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

It will be the first time Luttig, a veteran of two Republican administrations, has voted for a Democrat.

“In the presidential election of 2024 there is only one political party and one candidate for the presidency that can claim the mantle of defender and protector of America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law,” Luttig wrote in a statement obtained exclusively by CNN. “As a result, I will unhesitatingly vote for the Democratic Party’s candidate for the Presidency of the United States, Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris.”

“In voting for Vice President Harris, I assume that her public policy views are vastly different from my own,” Luttig writes, “but I am indifferent in this election as to her policy views on any issues other than America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, as I believe all Americans should be.”

Luttig’s scathing rebuke of Trump and endorsement of Harris underscores the depths of divisions between Reagan-and Bush-era Republicans and the modern, Trump-dominated GOP. The former judge is just as an unsparing of the Republican party as he is of Trump, whom together he says have launched “the war on America’s Democracy.”

The corrosive effects, he adds, will echo through generations.

“Because of the former president’s continued, knowingly false claims that he won the 2020 election, millions of Americans no longer have faith and confidence in our national elections, and many never will again,” Luttig writes.  “Many Americans – especially young Americans, tragically – have even begun to question whether constitutional democracy is the best form of self-government for America.”

The stakes, Luttig argues, are as high now as in the late 18th century, when the country’s founders and authors of the US Constitution – including Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson, typically political foes – joined together to voice concern over the potential emergence of an authoritarian demagogue.

“The time for America’s choosing has come,” Luttig writes. “It is time for all Americans to stand and affirm whether they believe in American Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, and want for America the same – or whether they do not.”

“The President knew at the time that there were any number of highly qualified black women on the lower federal courts from among whom he could choose – including Judge Jackson – and Republicans should have known that the President would nominate one of those supremely qualified black women to succeed Justice Breyer,” he wrote at the time.

Luttig now joins a number of high-profile Republicans endorsing Harris, including former members of Congress Joe Walsh, Barbara Comstock and Adam Kinzinger.

Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan, also a CNN contributor, endorsed Harris at the end of July in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution op-ed.

Her campaign, he wrote, was “the best vehicle toward preventing another stained Trump presidency.”

Speaking to CNN, Luttig said his decision to publicly back Harris was a matter of knowing “right from wrong” – and acting in accordance.

“In my faith, we believe that we will one day answer for our wrongs. I have always tried to live my life in anticipation of that day. Imperfectly, to be sure.  But I have tried,” an emotional Luttig said. “My endorsement of the Vice President was the right thing to do.  It would have been wrong for me to stay silent, and I believe I would have one day had to answer for that silence.

“It’s really that simple.”

Conservative Republican endorses Harris, calls Trump a threat to democracy | CNN Politics

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

He was talking to a couple from north Carolina and I already responded to your post listing everything Kamala has ever done in her life. Until you prove she didn't sleep with people she was professionally involved with or prove that that didn't effect their decision making I'd say you're the one to apologize. It's also rich being told you're repeating talking points when half the person's posts are just putting up X posts, many of which are from "Kamala HQ" lol. The lack of self awareness is truly startling. It's just the usual ists and isms and phobes otherwise. Tired talking points with nothing behind them 🥱

Your debate style really is 'overwhelm them with bullshit so when they spend 40 hours systematically debunking your every claim you can act like THEY are the ones pulling shit out of their ass'.

Sadly it's a tactic that works. If you lie frequently and egregiously enough anyone fact checking you or expecting you to back up your claims just gets lost in the shuffle. 

I haven't seen a single piece of compelling evidence from you to back up any of your claims. just one nonsense 'fact' after another with little to no logic or reason behind it. But anyone trying to debunk you will always be 10 steps behind because that's how much layers of shit they need to unpack to explain just how far off the mark you actually are. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android