By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Projection to the highest degree 👆

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Projection to the highest degree 👆

The arrow points at the line "Robert_Downey_Jr. on 13 August."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

No no the post before mine c'mon now be serious

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Ryuu96 said:

Why are you asking me? You're the one changing your arguments that words and disinformation can't lead to violence.

Context and motivating factors matter beyond simple words too, for example, we have zero evidence as to the motivation of the shooter as of yet and conflicting evidence of what political party he was aligned to, hence why I leaned more towards the typical "mentally ill dude wanting to go down in infamy" rather than a political motivation.

With the UK riots, we know a large motivating factor for the riots was anti-immigrant factors, inflamed by the fake misinformation that the killer was an illegal immigrant, the riots literally happened straight after this killing and the rioters are attack immigrants over the country, a contributing factor to these riots is therefore misinformation.

But you've gone from broadly saying that calling Trump a Nazi and "Democrat rhetoric" aka words, causes someone to commit violence, to that posts (aka words) do not cause people to commit violence in the UK, as people are responsible for their own actions, back to words caused someone to commit violence on Donald Trump. You keep changing your argument with a broad brush.

It ain't my issue if you can't stick to your script.

No I've caught you in a trap.  Either you say it's simple and broad as "social media posts influence people so these two are the same" or you admit it's more nuanced and can acknowledge the difficulty of convincing one man to hate one man compared to influencing an entire group of people.

Or you just keep going.  It's quite entertaining watching you try to square the circle and wiggle away from either of those when they're really the only two options available to you.

Man just stop, no one is that stupid and you are wasting your time waffling from one point or another.  Then again, I am guessing you truly believe you are owning something while you continue to get called out for BS.

Ryuu96 said:

Of course Trump want to close the Department of Education...Lmao.

The uneducated are his biggest base after all.

1. I can definitely hear the slurring going on from Trump.

2. He just lost any potential support from any union or workers protection group.  Wow.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network

Oh yeah spaces sucks for that lisp crap when you're on iphone. Pretty funny trump couldn't grab a Shure or something for this lol

I am Iron Man

With Abortion the ballot in Arizona getting more voters out, and boomers hate of Kari Lake also on the ballot, I have a feeling Arizona will be going with Harris.

"I haven't been really active in politics before"

Buying Twitter to troll, shitpost and jerk off another billionaire is considered politically active these days, what a man child. 

Hey now, in fairness, Musk is politically active!

And he has such genius political takes like "Civil War in Europe is Coming" and "Civil War in UK is Coming"

Not to mention actively spreading Russian propaganda, it doesn't matter if it wasn't even accurate.

And telling Thierry Breton to "fuck his own face". God, I envy this mans political genius.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Hey now, in fairness, Musk is politically active!

And he has such genius political takes like "Civil War in Europe is Coming" and "Civil War in UK is Coming"

Not to mention actively spreading Russian propaganda, it doesn't matter if it wasn't even accurate.

And telling Thierry Breton to "fuck his own face". God, I envy this mans political genius.

Turning twitter into 4chan seems is top-tier political accomplishment. I am just listening to Novara media's coverage of this phone call, my god, what am I listening to, I see a co-ordinated election denial in X's future.