By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

She's so happy, Lol.

Around the Network

So where are we supposed to talk about the UK riots if a thread is not allowed to be open because two people brought a fight they had from here? I request my thread to be unlocked, please. @moderators @cgi. I believe it to be unfairly locked. It's not the threads fault that Chekiler and Ryuu started continuing a fight they had. 

Please unlock the thread.

How dobI contact moderators on this site? Specifically CGI?

None of the three finalists – Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly – were shown in the polling data as moving the Harris-Trump national match up beyond the margins, two sources familiar said. The same was the case in a range of the most critical battleground states.

Both Shapiro and Kelly were shown to improve the Democratic ticket's chances against Donald Trump in Pennsylvania and Arizona, respectively, but those improvements were only on the margins, the source added.

CNN Politics

I am proud to announce that I’ve asked @walzforgovernor to be my running mate.

One of the things that stood out to me about Tim is how his convictions on fighting for middle class families run deep. It’s personal.

He grew up in a small town in Nebraska, spending summers working on his family’s farm. His father died of cancer when he was 19, and his family relied on Social Security survivor benefit checks to make ends meet. At 17, he enlisted in the National Guard, serving for 24 years. He used his GI Bill benefits to go to college, and become a teacher. He served as both the football coach and the advisor of the Gay-Straight Alliance.

I share this background both because it’s impressive in its own right, and because you see in no uncertain terms how it informs his record. He worked with Republicans to pass infrastructure investments. He cut taxes for working families. He passed a law to provide paid family and medical leave to Minnesotan families.

He made Minnesota the first state in the country to pass a law providing constitutional abortion protections after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, and as an avid hunter, he passed a bill requiring universal background checks for gun purchases.

But what impressed me most about Tim is his deep commitment to his family: Gwen, Gus, and Hope. Doug and I look forward to working with him and Gwen to build an administration that reflects our shared values.

Whether you are a supporter, a volunteer, a donor, a member of our staff, or your name is on the ticket: you are part of the people-powered campaign that is going to defeat Donald Trump.

We are going to build a great partnership. We are going to build a great team. We are going to win this election.

So let’s get to work. Join our campaign at the link in my bio.

Kamala Harris | Instagram

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

None of the three finalists – Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly – were shown in the polling data as moving the Harris-Trump national match up beyond the margins, two sources familiar said. The same was the case in a range of the most critical battleground states.

Both Shapiro and Kelly were shown to improve the Democratic ticket's chances against Donald Trump in Pennsylvania and Arizona, respectively, but those improvements were only on the margins, the source added.

CNN Politics

Can you please unlock that thread about the UK riots. The thread didn't cause the argument, you and Cheklier brought the argument with you. I thought this place wasn't reset era. 

Hope people are okay with this but I'm copy/pasting a post I saw on Era which sums up Walz's career.

• Born in Nebraska in a town of 400.
  • Spent his summers working on a ranch and later in manufacturing.
  • Graduated high school in a class of 25.
  • Joined the Army National Guard as an artilleryman for 24 years.
  • Served overseas and in disaster zones.
  • Retired as command sergeant major, one of the top ranks for an enlisted soldier.
  • Used the GI bill to get through college, received a masters degree.
  • Worked as a high school geography teacher.
  • Was a state championship winning football coach.
  • Beat incumbent Gutknecht by 5 points in a +25 Republican district that bordered Iowa and was mostly rural and small towns
  • Cosponsored a bill to raise the minimum wage.
  • Supported stem cell research.
  • Voted to allow Medicare to negotiate pharmaceutical prices.
  • Helped repeal don't ask don't tell.
  • Voted against multiple abortion prohibitions.
  • Supported the Affordable Care Act.
  • Voted against the Iraq Surge.
  • Took a public stance in 2006 in favour of gay marriage.
  • Received a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood, the American Civil Liberties Union, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the AFL-CIO, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and the National Organization for Women
  • Ranked the 7th-most bipartisan House member.
  • Served on the Committee of Agriculture, Armed Services Committee, Committee For Veterans Affairs.
  • Has the longest military record of anyone in Congress.
  • Served in his seat for 12 years, won against multiple Republican challengers.
  • Won in 2016 despite his district going +15 for Trump.
  • Signed a $2.3 billion education budget into law – the single-largest investment in public education in state history.
  • Established reproductive freedom, protections for Trans individuals, and gender-affirming care as fundamental rights in Minnesota
  • Banned Conversion therapy
  • Passed 300 million dollar package in public aid safety that was able to be used for re-training departments, mental health crisis response units, victim services, recruiting new employees, and first responder wellness and training programs.
  • Facilitated a state investigation with the human rights department of the state and the mayor of Minneapolis that led to a sweeping overhaul of policing accountability in Minneapolis and other cities.
  • Passed Robust Gun Control Laws: red flag law, expanding background checks, increasing criminal penalties for straw purchasing guns, and banning deadly binary trigger guns.
  • Established paid leave, ensured paid sick days, banned non-compete agreements, and increased protections for workers in Amazon warehouses, construction sites, hospitals, nursing homes, and public schools.
  • Signed the largest infrastructure bill in Minnesota's history
  • Passed legislation to bring down drug costs and cap the price of insulin
  • Increased the investments in childcare to over 1 billion dollars and passed free college tuition for families making under 80k
  • Passed voting rights protections and reforms including establishing automatic voter registration, creating a permanent absentee voting status, and pre-registering 16- and 17-year-olds to vote.
  • Established a replacement child tax credit similar to the former national one
  • Legalized weed
  • Canceled and took actions to block predatory medical debt collections
  • Passed elder abuse laws and new 125 million in funding for senior living homes
  • Passed 300 million to be allocated to local cities to establish
  • Passed 40 climate change laws and initiatives
  • Maintained a Budget Surplus every year
  • Minnesota is the 6th top state for business in America as of 2024.
  • He's a white Christian man who grew up in conservative Nebraska.
  • Blue collar worker, in manufacturing and agriculture.
  • One of the most successful governors in recent history with a 0-1 seat majority.
  • Endorsed by Pelosi, loved by Biden.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:
Ryuu96 said:

CNN Politics

Can you please unlock that thread about the UK riots. The thread didn't cause the argument, you and Cheklier brought the argument with you. I thought this place wasn't reset era. 

Ask CGI or another Mod, I'm not going to unlock it, I won't stand in the way if another Mod thinks it should be unlocked. Personally, I don't know what good can come out of a thread which justifies violence based on a complete lie but this isn't the thread for that and will be my final comment on the matter. Quite disgusted by what is happening in the UK right now.

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Ask CGI or another Mod, I'm not going to unlock it, I won't stand in the way if another Mod thinks it should be unlocked. Personally, I don't know what good can come out of a thread which justifies violence based on a complete lie but this isn't the thread for that and will be my final comment on the matter. Quite disgusted by what is happening in the UK right now.

That's why it needs light on it and discussion, it's not justifying violence, it's asking the sane question wheter the media are pushing these frustrated people into the far right group unjustly when they seem like everyday working class people. How do I contact CGI?