By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Plus collection to end in May

If this has been posted disregard this, The PlayStation Plus collection finishes up in May, so a reminder to download them before they become unavailable, just like monthly games that end once downloaded they will be in your library.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 24 February 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Sony never said the collection would last forever, and I didn't expect it to. I do think it's really scummy to drop it within 6 or so months of the PS5 getting easier to obtain.
It's almost like they know PS5 will probably be a lot easier to get in 2023 than in the past, so perks like the PS Plus Collection are being dropped so that less people can take advantage of them and have to obtain the titles another way.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Sony never said the collection would last forever, and I didn't expect it to. I do think it's really scummy to drop it within 6 or so months of the PS5 getting easier to obtain.
It's almost like they know PS5 will probably be a lot easier to get in 2023 than in the past, so perks like the PS Plus Collection are being dropped so that less people can take advantage of them and have to obtain the titles another way.

I agree,while the collection was set up to encourage new gamers by giving them an instant collection and importantly a taste of first party while also encouraging PS4 owners to make the jump knowing many of their favourite games were ready and waiting.

While two plus years would be normally be deemed plenty of time, like you mentioned taking into account covid and the lack of accessibility it would have been good PR and not hurt Sony to say yes it's ending but because of the years many of you had to wait we are extending the collection an additional six months.

Wman1996 said:

Or, you know, the length of the contracts and intended length of the plan was always 30 months, with the actual climate that resulted in less PS5's being available for most of that time being irrelevant.

Like, if you've been seriously trying to get a PS5 when there were shortages, and don't try to get one when it's been freely available for like the last 2 months (and for the next 2 or so months) then I don't really think that the PS Plus Collection was much of an incentive to those ppl to begin with.

Last edited by twintail - on 25 February 2023

Keep in mind that you do not have to actually download the titles. If you add them to your library before May, you can then download them later whenever you choose.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Keep in mind that you do not have to actually download the titles. If you add them to your library before May, you can then download them later whenever you choose.

Good point