By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forspoken Demo? Reaction? Under the radar?

Forspoken Good Bad or Average?

Good 4 21.05%

Bad 5 26.32%

Average 2 10.53%

Excellent 1 5.26%

Unique 1 5.26%

Exquisite 0 0%

Meh 4 21.05%

Not a Day 1 buy 0 0%

Day 1 buy absolutely 1 5.26%

Ugly 1 5.26%

Total:19

Has anyone tried the demo?

Available since last week on PS5!

I just played 1 and a half hour and I think it's ok but nothing special...

Nothing unique from other open world rpg genre...

Kinda reminds me of ffxv demo it had a mixed bag but I still ended up loving FFXV as a whole...

But as for Forspoken I have mixed reaction just like the general public...

I don't think its a day one buy for me...

Around the Network

It was better than I expected.

I went into it with low expectations, based on what people were saying about the demo, but I came out of it with a few things I like. It has a solid combat/magic system in place, but dialogue, open world, and lack of intuitive controls are going to drag it down from a critical standpoint, IMO. 

I liked it, it have some unique elements, but yes it could also be seem as a regular open world game with RPG elements.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I hated on the game when I saw the gameplay reveal showcase, but the demo was actually decent, coming off gow ragnarok. The thing is there is a backlog of games to catch up on , but I do hope of getting around to playing it. By then the game would have been discounted. I just hope the game doesn't flop because of people not giving it a chance

I hated on the game when I saw the gameplay reveal showcase, but the demo was actually decent, coming off gow ragnarok. The thing is there is a backlog of games to catch up on , but I do hope of getting around to playing it. By then the game would have been discounted. I just hope the game doesn't flop because of people not giving it a chance

Around the Network

I commented in a news article about it. I think I need a second try at it but here are my thoughts, omitting narrative as there is non here. I had hopes for it due to the writers, as in not Japanese basically, nothing on Japanese writers but they tend to dwell on the whole 'friendship' thing a lot of late.

So, firstly, I think it looks good if not everything is too small and UI interface is a little odd. In the menu, brown background with gold as text is nice and stylised but terrible for reading. The main character's HP bar I didn't even realise was a HP bar. :P These issues can be fixed with settings.

Demo itself, being just plonked into a very leveled, multiple magic, multiple item character instead of a lower level to learn stuff I don't think was the best. We should have been given a small story mission to do, instead of 5 MMORPG quests essentially but it did give a good basis for the game.

Gameplay, this was actually quite fun, whizzing around with the PARKOUR!, and switching stances was quite unique and I enjoyed that.

But then comes my biggest issue, the controls. I'm not sure if they tested enough or there were options to personalise your controls as I never went into the settings however... copied from the news post:

"...Your right hand is doing everything it feels like. I'm meant to press O to do the PARKOUR! but then also try to press R2 to shoot/attack, then hold R1 to switch magics, which is selected by the right analogue stick, which is also the lock on button. Left had meanwhile is holding movement. They need to switch the selecting of magicks to left analogue stick and it wouldn't feel so awkard."

Selecting your magic is not left analogue stick, it's that in nearly every other game that has a wheel selection. Having the lock on on R3 not L3 is just awkward. Your left thumb is on the stick all the time so why are we being made to use our right to change magic?

I suggested later if they move selecting magicks to left stick, lock on to L3, made R2 PARKOUR! and then had the magic variations as Square, Triangle and Circle (X still jump) then the controls would be perfect. You can switch between types of fire of that magic on the fly instead of painfully switching between them as you need them.

It also told you that you can switch magic by pressing R1 and L1 together, what it didn't tell you is you can also switch magicks by pressing the left and right arrows, that healing was the down arrow. etc.

Overall, I will pick this up in a sale but with those controls, I can tell I'm mostly going to be annoyed. :P

Hmm, pie.

I went on again for a 2nd try and to continue the demo but I just felt so meh about the game and ended up just deleting it not even completing it haha

As i voted: bad. played 10 mins and deleted it

golfgt170 said:

As i voted: bad. played 10 mins and deleted it

TO bad you didn't like, hope when they make the final piece it achieves a level you may enjoy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Didn't care much about the game, played the demo and pre ordered it since I found an offer for £45 for the PS5 version. Can't wait to play it.