By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Secret Santa PC Event

I'm wondering why there weren't Secret Santa PlayStation events, Secret Santa Xbox events or Secret Santa Switch/3DS events in all these years.

There are also PS Store sales, Xbox Marketplace sales and eShop sales in the weeks before christmas.

Around the Network
Conina said:

I'm wondering why there weren't Secret Santa PlayStation events, Secret Santa Xbox events or Secret Santa Switch/3DS events in all these years.

There are also PS Store sales, Xbox Marketplace sales and eShop sales in the weeks before christmas.

I know that there was a Wii Secret Santa thread back in the day, which may event predate the PC one, but I don't know if there were also ones for PS3/360.

And well, even if those threads existed, some of the members that made them may no longer be here and, for one reason or another, no one took over. To put that in context: as far as I know there's been at least 5 different users that held the PC Secret Santa thread: noname, Stefl, Raven, Rhonin and me. So yeah, it's a shame, but it's not that surprising.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
SegaHeart said:

Join I guess?

You... guess?

SegaHeart, pal, this is not something you have to do or feel forced to be part of. You'll be more than welcome if you want to join us, but it's voluntary and there's nothing wrong if someone deson't want, or can't, take part in it.

Tell you what, there are still a few days before deadline so why don't you think about it a bit more and, if you decide that you really want to take part in it, then just come and post your Steam/GOG id and wishlist?

If you decide that you want to join the fun, then great! The more, the merrier. And if the answer is that you don't want to do it this year, then that's also perfectly ok. No judgements nor hard feelings.

I have 2 steam ID one is very embarassing ID name, the other is Hacked I cant buy anything but the hack steam account is called dx11332sega

SegaHeart said:
JEMC said:

You... guess?

SegaHeart, pal, this is not something you have to do or feel forced to be part of. You'll be more than welcome if you want to join us, but it's voluntary and there's nothing wrong if someone deson't want, or can't, take part in it.

Tell you what, there are still a few days before deadline so why don't you think about it a bit more and, if you decide that you really want to take part in it, then just come and post your Steam/GOG id and wishlist?

If you decide that you want to join the fun, then great! The more, the merrier. And if the answer is that you don't want to do it this year, then that's also perfectly ok. No judgements nor hard feelings.

I have 2 steam ID one is very embarassing ID name, the other is Hacked I cant buy anything but the hack steam account is called dx11332sega

Okay. Your post raises two red flags that need to be adressed:

1.- You want to take part in the event with a hacked Steam account? Really?

2.- What do you mean that you can't buy anything? In a Secret Santa you'll recieve something but also have to gift something. If you can't buy anything, you can't gift anything and you can't fulfill your end of the bargain.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
SegaHeart said:

2.- What do you mean that you can't buy anything? In a Secret Santa you'll recieve something but also have to gift something. If you can't buy anything, you can't gift anything and you can't fulfill your end of the bargain.

Yeah, dx11332sega was hacked from buying games, I kinda have another account but it's an embarrasing name maybe should DM you the name if allowed? Cant run AAA games though since in 2020's I'm poor but it already runs tekken 7 but the name is so not acceptable I made that Steam ID in 2011.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
JEMC said:

Yeah, dx11332sega was hacked from buying games, I kinda have another account but it's an embarrasing name maybe should DM you the name if allowed? Cant run AAA games though since in 2020's I'm poor but it already runs tekken 7 but the name is so not acceptable I made that Steam ID in 2011.

I'm not going to lie. I'm not comfortable letting someone participate with a hacked account. I you want, tell me the name of the other account and we'll see if it's appropiate or not (Yuri has given his account some "peculiar" names over the years) but, as I said, I'm not ok with a hacked account.

There's also the other aspect that you can't buy games from Steam to gift to your Tiny Tim, but the games can be bought from other stores, like the Humble Store, without too much problem.

JEMC said:
SegaHeart said:

I'm not going to lie. I'm not comfortable letting someone participate with a hacked account. I you want, tell me the name of the other account and we'll see if it's appropiate or not (Yuri has given his account some "peculiar" names over the years) but, as I said, I'm not ok with a hacked account.

There's also the other aspect that you can't buy games from Steam to gift to your Tiny Tim, but the games can be bought from other stores, like the Humble Store, without too much problem.

K, thanks. Maybe I should bow out the other account name is too much I'm blushing currently.

Let's keep the thread active. Does anyone want to know which were the games that made more money on Steam last year? (If your answer is no, then you can skip this post)

**Note that the games aren't in a specific order**

PLATINUM (12 games)

Spoiler!

Dota 2
link

Valheim
link

Dead by Daylight
link

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege
link

NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
link

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS
link

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
link

Apex Legends™
link

Grand Theft Auto V
link

New World
link

Destiny 2
link

Battlefield™ 2042
link

GOLD (12 games)

Spoiler!

Rust
link

It Takes Two
link

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online
link

Sea of Thieves
link

Red Dead Redemption 2
link

War Thunder
link

Warframe
link

Back 4 Blood
link

Forza Horizon 4
link

The Elder Scrolls® Online
link

FIFA 22
link

Forza Horizon 5
link

SILVER (16 games)

Spoiler!

Cyberpunk 2077
link

Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition
link

Path of Exile
link

Halo Infinite
link

Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI
link

Euro Truck Simulator 2
link

Resident Evil Village
link

Monster Hunter: World
link

Black Desert
link

Stellaris
link

Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition
link

The Sims™ 4
link

OUTRIDERS
link

ARK: Survival Evolved
link

Team Fortress 2
link

Phasmophobia
link

and

BRONZE (58 games)

Spoiler!

Satisfactory
link

Hunt: Showdown
link

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
link

Fall Guys
link

Stardew Valley
link

Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition
link

Tales of Arise
link

Crusader Kings III
link

鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal
link

Total War: WARHAMMER II
link

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
link

Dyson Sphere Program
link

The Forest
link

Hearts of Iron IV
link

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21
link

HUMANKIND™
link

Days Gone
link

Bloons TD 6
link

Borderlands 3
link

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis
link

Farming Simulator 22
link

NBA 2K22
link

DayZ
link

World of Tanks Blitz
link

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
link

Football Manager 2022
link

Deep Rock Galactic
link

RimWorld
link

Microsoft Flight Simulator
link

Fallout 76: The Pitt
link

Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition
link

NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139...
link

Baldur's Gate 3
link

The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
link

Hades
link

SMITE®
link

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
link

Arma 3
link

Terraria
link

BIOMUTANT
link

Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition
link

Half-Life: Alyx
link

Fallout 4
link

NBA 2K21
link

Raft
link

DOOM Eternal
link

theHunter: Call of the Wild™
link

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™
link

Call of Duty®: Black Ops III
link

F1® 2021
link

Cities: Skylines
link

Dying Light
link

Battlefield™ V
link

World of Warships
link

No Man's Sky
link

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links
link

GUILTY GEAR -STRIVE-
link

Planet Zoo
link

JEMC said:

Let's keep the thread active. Does anyone want to know which were the games that made more money on Steam last year? (If your answer is no, then you can skip this post)

The fact that GTA V and Skyrim are on this blows my mind!  Talk about legs!

Shadis said:
JEMC said:

The fact that GTA V and Skyrim are on this blows my mind!  Talk about legs!

Skyrim is more impressive given that it doesn't have an online component, that results comes from games being sold, whereas GTA has the online side and people can buy shark money for it.

At the same time, that CS:GO manages to be Platinum being a free to play title says a lot.