By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's new motion control device? If this makes it to the 360, WOW!!!

http://www.xboxic.com/news/4609

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16252/Microsoft-Patents-Wii-Remote-Killer-Game-Controller/

Described as a “computer pointing device (generally a mouse but alternatively a game controller or remote control device) that may be worn on the hand and operated without needing to contact a (mousing) surface,” this patent was filed back in 2006.

We were told that the motion sensing controller that Microsoft was researching had the functionality of both the Nintendo Wii Remote and the Nunchuk packed into a single device, with a shape that is neither that of a banana, nor a remote controller, but more like a “pistol grip.” On top, it is supposed to have an analog stick (that could be replaced by a trackball) surrounded by the four action buttons.

Starcraft's thoughts:  This would be an AWESOME device.  It appears to have been in development for some time, and looks very different to the sketches of the more recently rumoured device said to be coming to the Xbox 360 this year.  IF they are different devices, then I expect this one could come packaged with the Xbox 3........... 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Wow!!!!!!
.....that looks so dumb.

So this is real? They're actually making it? Sorry, haven't been keeping up with the news :)

i dont know if it would be comfortable----i have to really twist my thumb to get it like its displayed...hmmmm i really like how the nun feels in my had if they could follow a shape similar to that then good

Interesting...devices sold after the console is released usually aren´t sucessful in this industry...in order for it to have a big chance at success,maybe it´d be better for MS to have this new controller as standard for their next system...what do you think,starcraft?

Looks very different then the wii mote .

"

Around the Network

interesting...

Very weird looking device. It looks like a dildo.

The patent was filed in 2006. Whether this is used for the 360 (please god) or the next console, there will have been extensive testing to ensure comfort. I think it will more likely be used for the next console, with the X-mote being released for the 360.

The information in the patent only just came to light in the last day or two.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

this looks retarded, kinda looks like the leg of a deer lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Looks kinda awkward at first but i'm definitely willing to give this a go. Hope it turns out well.