By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's new motion control device? If this makes it to the 360, WOW!!!

naznatips said:
Ugh, an air mouse? Those things are horrible. The funny thing is just yesterday people were complaining that you have to hold your arms up to play Wii (which isn't true), but you really would have to hold them up to use this.

I have a gyration air mouse and it works wonderfully.  I believe Nintendo used there tech for the Wii.

Around the Network

looks like crap, wiimote is far superior

I think it could work, I can't tell though, the sketches don't really give you a good idea.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

starcraft said:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/4609

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16252/Microsoft-Patents-Wii-Remote-Killer-Game-Controller/

Described as a “computer pointing device (generally a mouse but alternatively a game controller or remote control device) that may be worn on the hand and operated without needing to contact a (mousing) surface,” this patent was filed back in 2006.

We were told that the motion sensing controller that Microsoft was researching had the functionality of both the Nintendo Wii Remote and the Nunchuk packed into a single device, with a shape that is neither that of a banana, nor a remote controller, but more like a “pistol grip.” On top, it is supposed to have an analog stick (that could be replaced by a trackball) surrounded by the four action buttons.

Starcraft's thoughts: This would be an AWESOME device. It appears to have been in development for some time, and looks very different to the sketches of the more recently rumoured device said to be coming to the Xbox 360 this year. IF they are different devices, then I expect this one could come packaged with the Xbox 3...........

It's a Wii remote ripoff. Stop trying to spin it. With the release of this abomination, Microsoft sacrafices the credibility and dignity is has as a console.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Why would an Xbox fan want this.

- XBOX would be laughed at so hard if this was released
- any XBOX fan plays different games than the kind this should be used for
-anyone who would want this device for the 360 would probably just buy the wii.. right?
Unless they were so anti Nintendo (but secretly loved the wiimote)

God it just shows you how bad Microsoft will sell out. They have no style. (IMO)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
Wow looks pretty cool. If they can pull it off that would be cool. I am curious to see what Sony and Microsoft will show soon in this area.

Wow, with as much hate you give to the Wii about motion controls meaning nothing, I literally cannot believe that you openly praised this. It just confirms something I've always suspected.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Kyros said:
Wow looks pretty cool. If they can pull it off that would be cool. I am curious to see what Sony and Microsoft will show soon in this area.

Wow, with as much hate you give to the Wii about motion controls meaning nothing, I literally cannot believe that you openly praised this. It just confirms something I've always suspected.

This isn't the same as the wii-mote zen, it could be totally different, you, and I, don't know.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

i like how they call it a "pistol grip"....and they say the 360 isn't an fps console...

Well, MS is definatly out of ideas and taking some serious risks.

BCNR34 said:
i like how they call it a "pistol grip"....and they say the 360 isn't an fps console...

Well, in that case I guess you could CALL THE PS3 THE CONSOLE WITH NO GAMES.

It (360) has the best rpg's, remember