By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare II Review - Slight Step Behind its Predecessor in Every Way

I know: it's Call of Duty. Except, they do change it up moreso than anyone wants to admit, and I actually embraced the exo-suit era. But with the MW2019 reboot, things are back to simpler days. Does Modern Warfare II move the series forward, though?

And here's the "know when to quit, bruh" written version: https://zyro-eg.com/2022/11/16/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-ii-review/

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

If those "back to simpler days" included an overhaul of the UI menu design to something more akin to what the OG's MW did, I think the game would be stepping in a better direction than what the mess it is we're seeing right now.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

If those "back to simpler days" included an overhaul of the UI menu design to something more akin to what the OG's MW did, I think the game would be stepping in a better direction than what the mess it is we're seeing right now.

Ironically, the biggest UI issue I have isn't the layout of the game modes, but the upper right where you have to manage socials and settings lol...

They used that layout so they could present (force?) more people to play the game modes they want you to play, but that wasn't hard to navigate.  It's focused on marketing modes to you rather than just listing them out, and I can get why people wouldn't like that, but perhaps it didn't bother me because it looks a lot like both Hulu and Disney+, both streaming services I already use

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/