By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - For our UK citizens, your view on Brexit, good, bad or something in between?

This video popped up and it's hilarious but obviously anti-Brexit.. wondered what are the real thoughts of our UK friends on this momentous change to the UK's relationship with the EU?

Around the Network

I’m from the UK and voted to remain - im still disgusted leave won. In a nutshell as it’s a bit late to rant, I think Brexit has been a complete and utter unmitigated disaster. Many people who even voted for the bloody thing now wish they hadn’t. I’m going to have to shut up now or I’ll get angry again! But it’s not good at all.

@Majora sums up my thoughts quite well. It's a shitshow.

Majora said:

I’m from the UK and voted to remain - im still disgusted leave won. In a nutshell as it’s a bit late to rant, I think Brexit has been a complete and utter unmitigated disaster. Many people who even voted for the bloody thing now wish they hadn’t. I’m going to have to shut up now or I’ll get angry again! But it’s not good at all.

Bad. Left the UK shortly after the initial referendum. If I had the money/patience to get my Italian passport I'd probably even renounce my UK citizenship. But I'm lazy and poor. Still let my UK passport expire though, no plans to renew either.

Around the Network

Leave built mostly on lies and confusion. Remain was "status quo is better than what could happen".

Both campaigns were badly done and stupid. Should have never even been put to a vote.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Leave built mostly on lies and confusion. Remain was "status quo is better than what could happen".

Both campaigns were badly done and stupid. Should have never even been put to a vote.

Agree entirely. It was asking people who didn’t and don’t fully understand the consequences of Brexit what their lay person opinion was. It was an entirely irresponsible, naive and short-sighted thing to do. My only consolation personally is that my dad is Irish so I was able to get an Irish passport and thus retain my right to travel and work freely in the EU, but I do overall love the UK and it makes my blood boil that the decisions made by this “government” (absolute farce) have dragged this country into the dirt. I don’t blame the world for laughing at us now; unfortunately it’s the people like those of us posting on this thread that suffer most because of sheer, quite unbelievable incompetence. This is one topic that really makes me so mad just hearing it mentioned, not because I’m emotionally juvenile but because it’s so monumental and the ramifications of it have been hugely negative and far reaching; also, anger is a secondary symptom of the core emotion which is sadness, and Brexit does make me (still) feel desperately sad.

Rab said:

This video popped up and it's hilarious but obviously anti-Brexit.. wondered what are the real thoughts of our UK friends on this momentous change to the UK's relationship with the EU?

Give this thread a view:

Brexit

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/238678/brexit/1/

also this says it all:

1 in 3, brits think they where right to "leave" the EU now.
While abit over half, think it was a wrong choice.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 16 November 2022

Majora said:

Agree entirely. It was asking people who didn’t and don’t fully understand the consequences of Brexit what their lay person opinion was. It was an entirely irresponsible, naive and short-sighted thing to do. My only consolation personally is that my dad is Irish so I was able to get an Irish passport and thus retain my right to travel and work freely in the EU, but I do overall love the UK and it makes my blood boil that the decisions made by this “government” (absolute farce) have dragged this country into the dirt. I don’t blame the world for laughing at us now; unfortunately it’s the people like those of us posting on this thread that suffer most because of sheer, quite unbelievable incompetence. This is one topic that really makes me so mad just hearing it mentioned, not because I’m emotionally juvenile but because it’s so monumental and the ramifications of it have been hugely negative and far reaching; also, anger is a secondary symptom of the core emotion which is sadness, and Brexit does make me (still) feel desperately sad.

Don't worry. The world was laughing at Trump as well... Which overshadowed Brexit for the most part.

Out of curiosity, do you think there would ever be a push to rejoin the EU?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

who cares

BiON!@