By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nvm.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2023

Around the Network

I hope Fable recaptures that joy of playing the first game for hours on end. As much as I enjoyed my replay of Fable 2 (I wasn’t the biggest fan of F3) it never release came close of the enjoyment I had with Fable 1 (TLC edition to be precise) but PGG have the reputation with FH of creating games out of passion not obligation so I know they’ll knock it outta the park.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Nvm, I see Angelus is the Square hater, I fucking responded to it too but I thought the response was to my post, Lmao.

I don't like Square but there was no Square hate in my post

Stand by my comment that for some reason the gems on Xbox aren't counted; It's a Sim, It's a Racer, Nobody Played It, It's Too Niche, Xbox Wasn't Involved Enough, Irrelevant Because Redfall Failure, It's Not AAA, etc.

Shaunodon said:

I find the Square Enix hate to be a bit laughably exaggerated. Compared to XGS, they've quietly released several hidden gems over the last year or so. All of them with physical releases and smart delivery too. And even threw a bone with a same-day release of the Crisis Core remaster, which was both designed and optimised well across all systems.

This thread will bend over backwards to find any nuggets of reason for why Redfall isn't a complete waste of time. Well using that logic, look past the scores of games like DioField Chronicles and Star Ocean: The Divine Force and actually read the reviews and player feedback for them.

Even something like Stranger of Paradise had wildly mixed reviews, with a lot of people really selling the game as much more for than expected. Worth trying, especially when every version should easily be findable in your nearest bargain bin right now.

If they were to announce Final Fantasy VII Remake finally making it's way over, how would this thread even react? Just grumble that it's 2 years later than PS5 and 3 years later than PS4? Meanwhile continue to have endless patience and tolerance for XGS for a second straight gen.

Redfall sucks. Square sucks harder. Enjoy funding all their blockchain games 😁

Ryuu96 said:
Shaunodon said:

I find the Square Enix hate to be a bit laughably exaggerated. Compared to XGS, they've quietly released several hidden gems over the last year or so. All of them with physical releases and smart delivery too. And even threw a bone with a same-day release of the Crisis Core remaster, which was both designed and optimised well across all systems.

This thread will bend over backwards to find any nuggets of reason for why Redfall isn't a complete waste of time. Well using that logic, look past the scores of games like DioField Chronicles and Star Ocean: The Divine Force and actually read the reviews and player feedback for them.

Even something like Stranger of Paradise had wildly mixed reviews, with a lot of people really selling the game as much more for than expected. Worth trying, especially when every version should easily be findable in your nearest bargain bin right now.

If they were to announce Final Fantasy VII Remake finally making it's way over, how would this thread even react? Just grumble that it's 2 years later than PS5 and 3 years later than PS4? Meanwhile continue to have endless patience and tolerance for XGS for a second straight gen.

There was absolutely no Square Enix hate in my post...

Not that I'm a fan of Square Enix but in this specific post there was nothing so a bit of an odd response, if it was to me.

Xbox have several gems since 2020 but for some reason they never count.

Not AAA, a Sim, a Racer, a Sequel, Nobody Played It, Irrelevant Because Redfall, etc.

Pentinent and Hi-Fi have gotten massive amounts of love and praise, and their other smaller titles have been treated quite fairly, but as a platform holder and one of the main publishers in gaming they're rightfully held to a higher standard which they've failed to meet.

Regardless if the criticism has been overly negative, Xbox haven't met their goals or anyones hopeful expectations so far. Meanwhile no one in Xbox ever expects anything from Square, yet even when they do release some games worth trying they still just get the same automatic hate or indifference. It's a double standard.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

I hope Fable recaptures that joy of playing the first game for hours on end. As much as I enjoyed my replay of Fable 2 (I wasn’t the biggest fan of F3) it never release came close of the enjoyment I had with Fable 1 (TLC edition to be precise) but PGG have the reputation with FH of creating games out of passion not obligation so I know they’ll knock it outta the park.

They just need to bring back the GOAT OST.

Fable Theme - YouTube

I don't know any Brits in here who watch Great British Bake Off but it bugs me because I'm about 90% convinced that one of the musical cues during the show is straight lifted from Fable, Lol.

Honestly would be glad if SE never released another game on Xbox ever again. in terms of Japanese games … Phil Fish was right.

gtotheunit91 said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone hoping to see at the Xbox Showcase that would make you personally feel like the showcase is a success? Like once it’s over, you’re feeling good about Xbox’s future.

As a bonus, what do you specifically want to see during the Starfield Direct that will make you stoked for Starfield’s release?

Gameplay and some release dates

60FPS

Planet of Luna looks great, will likely take a break from DoS:EE to play through it.