By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Leak: The Asus ROG Ally Will Cost $699.99 With an AMD Z1 Extreme - The Verge

That's a better price than I expected it would be.

Microsoft should help them get it down further and there's your Xbox handheld, Lol.

Wow if true Asus was not deceptive at all, Ayaneo needs to revise their pricing strategy ASAP. Definitely getting this at that price point. Should be the best device to play Stardew Valley for sure.

Around the Network

100% convinced that it was a last minute bug which fucked 60fps on Redfall.

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, but with the copies already printed, a delay probably wasn't an option. As long as it's a rock solid 30fps with no performance issues, it'll be fine. 

Ryuu96 said:

Seems pretty obvious at this point. What's odd is that they didn't simply frame it as such when they announced the 30fps only. Bring your customers with you, tell us what happened. Don't just say "game is 30fps only for now."

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It's actually tempting...It's full Windows yeah? It's basically an Game Pass handheld, Lol.

But then Windows Store/Xbox App runs so bad on PC that I wonder how it would run on a handheld 💀

Its going to run like ass until MS gets a mobile version out the door.

KiigelHeart said:
konnichiwa said:

And your last comment sums it up again, in January people also said 'Redfall/Forza/Starfield are months away'  

Were they wrong?

Not wrong but it becomes a childish argument when those comments obvioulsy were made because the gaming community including this thread were somewhere between hoping and expecting that those three will release in the first half of the year (well if forza was the  only game delayed it would have been fine).

Secondly if I am not mistaken I made no posts about Redfall in months but I have seen a ton of L's in this thread about Redfall and deserved. A game that was delayed from 2022 to 2023 (a delayed game will be always better) that still will release with 30fps on launch with another promise (recurring theme) that it will be fixed later.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Seems pretty obvious at this point. What's odd is that they didn't simply frame it as such when they announced the 30fps only. Bring your customers with you, tell us what happened. Don't just say "game is 30fps only for now."

Yeah I agree. They could've put out an article like they did this morning about Redfall's features explaining how they ran into a last minute bug and why they couldn't have delayed the game. It wouldn't have caused nowhere near as big of a stir. Then again, Harvey Smith coming out straight up saying that the PS5 version was cancelled during an interview to promote the game shows that their PR may not be the best lol.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Not sure if that would really make a difference.  Think about it this way, if they say its a bug, people would still say hold the release until you fix it.  In gamers mind its still an L no matter what but for a business, its money.  I am sure if they are shipping at 30 its one of those bugs that takes a hell of a lot of development time or it would be a day one bug release.  When you do not have a clear understanding how long it will take to reach 60fps and hopefully rock solid which I am going to doubt because most games do not ship with a rock solid 60fps mode.  They probably just have to take that L and make sure the rest of the game performs rock solid at 30fps.  If the game dips a lot and run like crap at 30fps, there is going to be hell to pay with the negative feedback.  They probably pouring all their dev time in making the 30fps rock solid as that needs to be tight.

Well this isn't so bad: