By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jedi Survivor has bad performance issues, sits at 86, Lol.

Maybe Redfall should have just released an unstable 60fps mode

Is it bad on PlayStation or Xbox as well? I only read about issues with the PC version.

Both Xbox and PlayStation have issues with "Performance Mode"

XboxEra is claiming the day one patch fixed a lot though.

But then I saw EA is planning weeks of fixes for all platforms, Lol.

EA is Planning ‘Weeks’ of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patches to Fix Bugs and Performance Issues | VGC

“In the game’s open area, the frame rate, even in the game’s performance mode, was worryingly inconsistent,” VGC’s Star Wars Jedi: Survivor review noted. “Screen tearing was a regular occurrence, and level of detail pop-in was a regular issue.

“The game also seemed to struggle to load in certain areas, forcing us to wait at the door of the Saloon while it struggled to populate the interior. Koboh, and its large open play space seem to be the issue, as in the more linear levels the game ran extremely well.

“The quality mode is supposed to trade the 60FPS experience for 30FPS and improved visuals, but considering that the game performs poorly in the open spaces even on performance, we’d recommend playing on quality mode to fully take advantage of the excellent visuals.”

VGC tested the game on PS5 for its review, which labelled the sequel “Star Wars at its very best”.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 April 2023

Around the Network

The short delay & Fallen Order's launch had me suspicious. Shame for PC folks.

Lol.

coolbeans said:

The short delay & Fallen Order's launch had me suspicious. Shame for PC folks.

All platforms, apparently, not only a PC L this time.

Runs fine in linear areas but apparently really struggles to maintain 60fps in open areas.

Ryuu96 said:

Lol.

When hdr is another way to achieve cel shaded texture XD

Around the Network

Redfall - Official Launch Trailer - YouTube

That is a good trailer, best piece of marketing I have seen for Redfall since it's announce.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
havoc00 said:

Could they go after the just the cod franchise and just try to buy that packaged with king or do something creative like that? Or is this dead and they are better off spending 70 bil on other smaller developers like the team behind hitman etc? 

Option to divest is off the table now, they'll have to wait for CAT to make their decision first or abandon the deal.

If CAT rules in favour of Microsoft, I don't know if Microsoft can change their remedies or if CMA has to re-look at what was offered only.

CMA did say Microsoft could divest Activision to get the deal through, Microsoft didn't want to, as they'd lose CoD and CoD Mobile and Microsoft would still have to acquire Activision-Blizzard-King in its whole but then find a buyer for Activision or other more complicated scenarios. CMA is bitching about CoD so anything which involves Microsoft keeping Activision/CoD is off the table.

Could they abandon the deal and theoretically then attempt to acquire only Bliizard-King? Theoretically they could but Activision-Blizzard-King wouldn't go for that, if they still want to sell which I think they will, they'll want to sell the whole company, not piece by piece and I'm sure once this deal fails, Tencent and Saudi's PIF will be lining up, Lol.

So yeah, deal is pretty much dead. Microsoft may win CAT appeal but CMA will make the same ruling, CMA has lost about 30-40% of appeals against them but then still made the same decision and blocked the deals when it was thrown back to them, so basically CMA has like a 100% win rate in the end, Lol. Crazy power.

Agree that UK's weather sucks

Here is what MS can do, purchase ABK, split off COD as its own independent business unit and license their games for 1 dollar for 30 years or better however they can structure the deal with an exclusive deal that allows them to put COD games on GP and no other platforms.  Yeah, MS doesn't get the money from COD but they do get everything else and lock in COD to MS platform for long enough to give the CMA the finger.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

To quote myself from a few days ago:    A Great company is not one that tries to attract and delight consumers with great promises but rather one who delight consumers with continuously delivering great content. 

Your comment is basically a good example, less than a year ago people would almost say the same, '2022 will atleast end great with Redfall and Starfield!! 2023 is going  to be better with so many games on the horizon.'

Almost 3 years in and MS is still stuck in the phase 'lets try to get customers with promises' while the competition is in the 'their is a ton of content and the gaming community can see it' phase

'It would be interesting to know why you believe great content is coming based on the last 10 years of promises?'

Do you only care about AAAs or something? Lol.

They've had great content in the past few years, AA-wise, so it is easy to understand why people have the belief that once the AAA content finally comes, it will be great too, because many of the studios they own are great studios who put out quality products. Even the few AAAs released have been higher quality as of recently, they're creating much higher quality content lately than they produced at the end of the Xbox One era.

It's a matter of when, not if, for those dozens of AAAs in development to start to be released on a consistent basis. There is no logical sense that you can look at everything they have in their pipeline and think otherwise unless half of it is cancelled, Lol.

2021 was considered great by many, everyone was raving about Xbox's 2021, 2022 was bad, 2023 games-wise in the end should be good and 2024 will be even better.

Sony hasn't even released anything this year aside from the upcoming Final Fantasy, Lol.

Xbox had a bad year, no doubt they fucked up in 2022...Okay...We're over that now and Redfall, Forza Motorsport and Starfield are literally months away.

No I don't care about AAA only and 2021 wasn't that great , it was great because we assumed it was going to be the worst year for xbox gaming content wise and 2021 was certainly good and more goodness for the next years sounded amazing ('next year is going to better')  as a better example 2021 was the year halo infinite released and since then a lot of dreams/hopes got smashed.

You may lol but Sony already has delivered great content and they did not promise anything yet (no idea what's releasing later the year) but Spiderman 2 could be announced this summer and released at the end of the year could be a bunch of games.

And your last comment sums it up again, in January people also said 'Redfall/Forza/Starfield are months away'