By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You need to play more FPS if you think that Titanfall 2 is the pinnacle of the genre....
Good game but really short and the cool stuff only unlocks half-way through the game.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

You need to play more FPS if you think that Titanfall 2 is the pinnacle of the genre....
Good game but really short and the cool stuff only unlocks half-way through the game.

Fuck the Redfall delay, this is even more unacceptable!

I said one of* the best Tbf. Not THE best.

And I've played...

• Halo Infinite
  • Doom Eternal
  • Metro Exodus
  • Borderlands 1, 2 and 3.
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
  • Prey
  • Titanfall 1 and 2.
  • Doom 2016
  • Destiny
  • Metro Last Light
  • Metro 2033
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo Reach
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Battlefield 3 and 4.
  • Modern Warfare 2 and 3.
  • Medal of Honour
  • Black Ops

And I stand by what I said!

Great story, very fun levels with one being in my all time favourites and amazing gunplay from start to finish.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2023

Zippy6 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Here's a question. How many current-gen only open world games are there that run at 60fps? Because outside of Ghostwire: Tokyo and soon-to-be Redfall, I can't really think of any.

The only open world games that have been released in the past couple of years that have run at 60fps so far were the cross-gen games where the current-gen console is the only one with a 60fps option, but the game was still designed with last-gen hardware in mind.

TBH outside of Ghostwire I can't think of a single open world game that's out that isn't cross-gen. So can't really answer that.

Yeah, so it makes you wonder as time goes on, how many 30fps open world games will we be looking at as last-gen support gets completely dropped? 

Ryuu posted this earlier, but even those at Digital Foundry have these concerns.

It's probably a bit because like Yeti said, most gamers just don't care about 60fps, it's all about graphics, and so developers even with more powerful consoles will chase graphics and if they get even more powerful, that power still goes to graphics, Lol. Disappointing to me but I think most don't care so we'll see 30fps become normalised again.

Though Imo 60fps is a must for FPS and Racers...I can live with 30fps on other genres.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
Zippy6 said:

TBH outside of Ghostwire I can't think of a single open world game that's out that isn't cross-gen. So can't really answer that.

Yeah, so it makes you wonder as time goes on, how many 30fps open world games will we be looking at as last-gen support gets completely dropped? 

Yes 30fps was always going to become more prevalent once cross-gen ends which is why I always laugh at the people who get annoyed at cross-gen. Because I know a lot of them are also going to be the same ones getting upset at 30fps, but cross-gen ending is exactly what's going to bring 30fps back to consoles.

60fps will mostly be relegated to Pro consoles in another 18 months for new titles I imagine.

There needs to be more options for those with freesync displays. If I can't run a game at a locked 60fps at the graphics settings I want on PC I can just lock it to 50fps, or 45fps or anything between 40 and 60. So it's a bit silly that we are still either 30/60 in games.

If the Dev's can get it running at 45fps let us have a 45fps mode for freesync displays.

Only a few ps5 games have 40fps options and that seems to be only for 120hz displays and not 60hz freesync displays afaik.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 12 April 2023

Around the Network

Majima is the Vegeta of Yakuza.

aTokenYeti said:

Colin Moriarity was saying on a recent episode of his podcast (Sacred symbols, PlayStation podcast) that he was told in confidence be a developer of an FPS that 70% of the players of that game would opt for the 30 fps high resolution mode over the 60fps mode, and this was even though the 60fps mode was default, and you had to opt into the 30fps mode.

Unfortunately I think those of us that like high frame rates are in the minority and the developers must know this. They probably have the data telling them this.

Wtf? 70%?! Fucking idiots

If 30fps becomes a norm again it might be it for me as a console player. Doubt it though, even for Redfall they said 60fps is coming so what's with the early excuses?

Also 60fps with occasional dips is better than locked 30fps. Like Sherlock Holmes: Awakened I'm currently playing.. Frogwares games always have technical issues, framedrops etc but it's still silky smooth and enjoyable 99% of the time compared to older games. Makes the visuals and graphics stand out more while moving around too.

Ryuu96 said:

It's probably a bit because like Yeti said, most gamers just don't care about 60fps, it's all about graphics, and so developers even with more powerful consoles will chase graphics and if they get even more powerful, that power still goes to graphics, Lol. Disappointing to me but I think most don't care so we'll see 30fps become normalised again.

Though Imo 60fps is a must for FPS and Racers...I can live with 30fps on other genres.

See, I love graphics too, it's not like I don't appreciate the fancy bells and whistles...but the fact of the matter is in most games, the 60fps is a FAR more noticeable and impactful difference than the higher resolution and odd effects here and there. There's been exactly one game I've played since getting my Series X, where I chose quality over performance, and that was the Control Ultimate Edition for current gen. Single player only, and the raytracing in that game was really gorgeous, and added a lot to the game in the way it defined the environments. So like, sure, under the right circumstances, there's a case to be made for quality over performance...but 9 times out of 10, performance is the way to go. 

I honestly can't imagine that 7/10 people would take a game, even one that DEFAULTS to performance, experience 60fps, and then fucking switch away from it. That's nuts.

Noble Was Upgraded From a Cat to a Chicken!

Proud of You Noble!