By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45

Around the Network

All Redfall preview videos just dropped! 

So far so good!

Redfall creator won't rule out more Dishonored games: "New IP is way harder"

"It would be refreshing at this point to go back."

https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/redfall-creator-more-dishonored-games-exclusive-newsupdate/

Good to hear Arkane Austin are considering a new Dishonored as their next game, not just a new Deathloop from Arkane Lyon (which is Dishonored universe but about 120 years after Dishonored 2 inside the time loop, even later in terms of the actual year in the outside world due to how long the characters were trapped in the time loop).

Around the Network

I'm a bit concerned about a few things that I read from this Redfall preview event, but overall the previews were more positive than I feared they would be based on how tepid the response to Redfall had been thus far. I'm now upgrading my feelings for the game to "cautiously optimistic" and will likely raise my review prediction by a few points over in the league.

Oh thank goodness. Offline play is being worked on! So like Back 4 Blood, offline play will be added as a post launch update. 

Another good thing I'm hearing is that signature Arkane decision making is back in full force! Deathloop was shallow in how limited the options you had in how to tackle a situation, but that does not seem to be the case here.

Also, rather than telling you exactly what you have to do in a mission, you're just given a clue, and you have to figure it out yourself.

gtotheunit91 said:

Another good thing I'm hearing is that signature Arkane decision making is back in full force! Deathloop was shallow in how limited the options you had in how to tackle a situation, but that does not seem to be the case here.

Also, rather than telling you exactly what you have to do in a mission, you're just given a clue, and you have to figure it out yourself.

Not sure I like that last part, I've played some games like that before and it can be annoyingly difficult to find say a fetch quest item you need within a fairly large "mission circle" on the map without any additional guidance, or to solve a puzzle without any in-game guidance or tips at all, at times I've had to look up solutions on my phone in games like that which is extremely annoying as it is immersion breaking and immersion is key in a singleplayer game. 

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Not sure I like that last part, I've played some games like that before and it can be annoyingly difficult to find say a fetch quest item you need within a fairly large "mission circle" on the map without any additional guidance, or to solve a puzzle without any in-game guidance or tips at all, at times I've had to look up solutions on my phone in games like that which is extremely annoying as it is immersion breaking and immersion is key in a singleplayer game. 

Maybe it's not as extreme as I'm making it sound. Here's a JackFrags video that I watched where he went over a little bit more so you can judge for yourself.

Start at the 4:47 mark of the video.