As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Nice! Great amount, Imo.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 March 2023

Around the Network

Map Preview | Season 3: Echoes Within | Halo Infinite - YouTube

I went ahead and preordered for the early beta access on my birthday. This will be my first isometric RPG in quite some time, hopefully I like it. Giving the genre another chance. Druid looks super fun to play with the shapeshifting and storm & earth magic. 

So, for the past several days I have been playing Halo Infinite again for the first time in about a year. I missed all of season 2 and am now rushing to try and finish the 30 tier free winter battlepass before it expires at the end of the week. My thoughts on the state of the multiplayer, more than one year after launch:

• The balance has definitely improved since release. Quite a few weapons that were meh to ass on release are better now, such as the Disruptor, Ravager, Plasma Pistol, Pulse Carbine, and Commando. However, there is still balancing work to be done imo, a few of those still feel a bit weak overall. Meanwhile I'm not a fan of the BR and Mangler nerfs they did since I last played, while the Assault Rifle meanwhile still feels overpowered at mid range, by far the longest range assault rifle of any Halo game, it often makes using the Sidekick feel pointless because the Assault rifle will often beat it at most ranges. 
  • The 2 new handcrafted maps are both cool. The forged maps also feel alot better than the forged maps we got in multiplayer playlists in the past Halo games, due to Forge itself improving by leaps and bounds in terms of overall graphics capability compared to past Forge iterations. Map variety overall still feels pretty weak, but that will soon be improving with the 3 new handcrafted maps and new Forged maps in season 3.
  • Playlists are in a much better spot now than they were when I last played. Snipers and SWAT are now permanent modes I believe, Social BTB is alot of fun. Fiesta is also a permanent mode now, and between Fiesta and Social BTB you can deal with power weapon challenges more easily than you could at launch. Sadly, still no infection or griffball playlists though.
  • The monetization sadly hasn't improved much at all in a year's time. Bundles still cost like $15 even after the price cuts they made for the store awhile back. The store still cycles through a painfully small assortment of items daily, it's ridiculous how many other games have much larger stores, some allowing you to buy all past microtransaction items at any time, while 343 gives you like 5 items per day. They have added so many cool items over the last year, but I can't buy any of them until they eventually cycle back into the store who knows when, and even then I might miss them unless I'm checking the store daily.
  • Progression improvements are kind of weak too. While they did add some performance based XP awards, it feels very limited compared to other shooters I have played that had performance based XP systems in place, like a half baked mishmash of the system we had before and a proper performance based XP system. We also still can't earn any microtransaction currency at all from either general play or weekly/daily challenges, something most other F2P games have. We are still missing a proper career profile too, as well as a lifetime progress rewards system that is in addition to the seasonal battlepasses.
  • Past battlepasses can't be played for the free items, season 2 is completely locked to me unless I buy the premium version of the battlepass. That is a real shame and seems to go against what 343 promised before release about battlepasses remaining available in case you missed them.
  • The bug where challenge progress sometimes doesn't show until you reboot the game is still present a year later. 

Overall they have made decent progress, but nowhere near as much progress as I would have liked to have seen after a whole year. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 March 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I went ahead and preordered for the early beta access on my birthday. This will be my first isometric RPG in quite some time, hopefully I like it. Giving the genre another chance. Druid looks super fun to play with the shapeshifting and storm & earth magic. 

Now you remind me that with the deal likely fall I'll need to buy this too. Consumer would be adversely impacted by the deal the CMA said -_-... I say I'm adversely impacted by CMA incompetence XD.

T0kenAussie said:

Order On Motion of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC to Quash or Limit Subpoena Duces Tecum (ftc.gov)

FTC results are in for Microsoft V Sony

TLDR

Performance reviews are out

Scope is Jan 2019 - present

A lot of the other stuff Sony asked to be dropped has been denied

vixolus said:

Interesting.

• Sony needs to provide documents for Tao and Nishino as custodians.

• Sony has to include predecessor custodians to current custodians. (I.e. a custodian that was in place Jan 1 2019 - Jan 1 2020 would need their files pulled, rather than just the current custodian that took place Jan 2 2020, if I'm understanding correctly).

• Sony has to include their in-house antitrust laywer, Greg McCurdy's relevant files (external communications for this time period where McCurdy has been in his role).

• Sony's request that things be limited to 2019 and sooner is granted, rather than Microsoft's request dating back to 2012.

• Sony has to produce "All drafts of and Communications regarding SIE's President and CEO Jim Ryan's declaration titled 'SIE Declaration to FTC on MS-ABK Transaction"

• Sony's request to quash the performance reviews is granted, as the judge does not see this as an employment case and employees have a privacy interest.

• Sony has to produce "an executed copy of every Content licensing agreement You have entered into with any third-party publisher between Jan 1, [2019] and present."

This is interesting, though the original request was 2012, the date has been granted only to 2019 per above. Could have some juicy details here.

• Idk what Exhibit H means but Sony's request with it is rejected.

“ Sony has to produce "an executed copy of every Content licensing agreement You have entered into with any third-party publisher between Jan 1, [2019] and present."

Oh boy

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Also, this guy gonna do a best HFR character and NOT include the best character …

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition