By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Still unclear WHEN it is coming to Xbox though.

From my understanding, it's rather an IF for now

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
gtotheunit91 said:

That definitely is what the implication would be! They're not available yet, but Nvidia and MS are working on it. 

I assume any Fallout games that are on Game Pass will be available on GeForce Now when that gets turned on. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. 

I checked my GFN account and nothing so far, so let's see

All IPs that Xbox own should come to it but they've only just started working on it according to the blogpost.

Give it a couple weeks I'd say.

Ryuu96 said:

Apologise to Sony! Sorry Sony!

Still unclear WHEN it is coming to Xbox though.

Either for some reason they're waiting to announce it later or they're simply prioritising PlayStation for launch because they don't have the resources for both.

Yeah I honestly feel like it's the latter. Larian is an independent studio handling a licensed IP from Wizards of the Coast and have been working on this game in Early Access for what will have been 3 years by the time it officially launches, and who knows how many years before it reached early access to begin with.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 being their last released game, I can only imagine they didn't have the funds and resources to handle every system simultaneously. 

Today EGDF was invited to join a formal European Commission oral hearing on the acquisition of ActivisionBlizzard by Microsoft. EGDF underlined that the more global platforms and publishers compete on European content, the better for European game developers. In particular, EGDF highlighted that:

1. Game markets have changed.

The Commission should widen its perspective from console market sector-specific competition concerns to evaluating the impact of the acquisition on game markets in general. In recent years, Tencent has invested in game developer studios and publishers across the globe, and it is currently the biggest game developer and publisher on the planet. It is crucial for European game developers to have a strong competitor for Tencent, as a game developer, publisher and investor, in the global game markets.

2. The future is cross-platform.

On the other hand, new game engines have made multiplatform game development easier than before, and game developers are constantly experimenting on different platforms and are ready to move from one platform to another. On the other hand, the processing power of smartphones has reached the level of some laptops and consoles. As a result, game genres that were once exclusive to PC or console are now available on cross-platform stores like Microsoft Store (console + PC + mobile) and Google Play (mobile + PC).

When Digital Markets Act (DMA) fully opens mobile gatekeeper platforms for competing third-party application stores in the EU. ActivisionBlizzard acquisition enables Microsoft to widen its scope to mobile platforms and challenge Apple and Google. By doing so, Microsoft is paving the way for European game industry SMEs with insufficient financial resources to build their own third-party application stores under the current legal uncertainty. Similarly, after Google killed its own subscription service, Stadia, it is essential to have a strong competitor for Apple in the game subscription services on Apple platforms.

3. The future is uncertain.

Games are the forerunner of digital markets. What makes financial sense today does not necessarily do so tomorrow. All Microsoft commitments should be backed up with rigorous compliance and enforcement mechanisms. E.g.should the Commission want to ensure that Call of Duty is available to competitors, it should also secure content, feature, price and release date parity while doing so.

EGDF supports Microsoft's ActivisionBlizzard acquisition, as its potential positive impacts on the competition in the game markets, in general, outweigh the limited console and subscription market-specific competition concerns.

EGDF observations on Microsoft’s ActivisionBlizzard acquisition – EGDF – European Games Developer Federation

Remember to apologise everyone, nobody is aloud to be upset that a game they’ve been wanting forever might have skipped (and still might) their preferred console of choice. I’m drafting a full 20 page apology to the PSNation personally.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

They are more than large enough to support both consoles at launch, the have 407 employees, more than most AAA studios. Both Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 had PS4 and XB1 versions that both launched the same day. The fact that they still haven't announced a same day Xbox port for Baldur's Gate 3 a day later tells me that Sony money definitely got them something, if not timed exclusivity than at least porting and optimization priority which by extension delayed the Xbox version, which to me is essentially the same thing as Sony paying for timed exclusivity. No studio Larian's size should need to delay a high spec platform release, this isn't some tiny 10-20 person indie studio that simply doesn't have enough resources to release on all platforms the same day, and Xbox Series isn't some platform like Switch that requires months of difficult porting work including new asset creation.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 February 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

They are more than large enough to support both consoles at launch, the have 407 employees, more than many AAA studios. Both Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 had PS4 and XB1 versions that both launched the same day. The fact that they still haven't announced a same day Xbox port for Baldur's Gate 3 a day later tells me that Sony money definitely got them something, if not timed exclusivity than at least porting and optimization priority which by extension delayed the Xbox version, which to me is essentially the same thing as paying for timed exclusivity. No studio Larian's size should need to delay a high spec platform release, this isn't some indie studio that simply doesn't have enough resources to release on all platforms the same day.

Sony just offered them to show off the game on the State of Play. They probably simply have a 10 days or so where they cannot announce it on another console in exchange. It is not the first time a publisher does that. People are freaking out for no reason :) 

BG3 is coming to Xbox.

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

They are more than large enough to support both consoles at launch, the have 407 employees, more than many AAA studios. Both Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 had PS4 and XB1 versions that both launched the same day. The fact that they still haven't announced a same day Xbox port for Baldur's Gate 3 a day later tells me that Sony money definitely got them something, if not timed exclusivity than at least porting and optimization priority which by extension delayed the Xbox version, which to me is essentially the same thing as paying for timed exclusivity. No studio Larian's size should need to delay a high spec platform release, this isn't some indie studio that simply doesn't have enough resources to release on all platforms the same day.

Sony just offered them to show off the game on the State of Play. They probably simply have a 10 days or so where they cannot announce it on another console in exchange. It is not the first time a publisher does that. People are freaking out for no reason :) 

BG3 is coming to Xbox.

Could be this.

Xbox did it with Persona for like 48 hours.

But they won't announce it on a Saturday, Lol. Probably next week if this is the case.

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

BG3 is coming to Xbox.

I sure hope you are right, but I have never seen a 10 day period for something like this. In the past when a game was seemingly announced as a PS exclusive on a Sony showcase but was actually multiplat, we always found out about the Xbox and/or Switch port within hours or a day at most.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

They are more than large enough to support both consoles at launch, the have 407 employees, more than many AAA studios. Both Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 had PS4 and XB1 versions that both launched the same day. The fact that they still haven't announced a same day Xbox port for Baldur's Gate 3 a day later tells me that Sony money definitely got them something, if not timed exclusivity than at least porting and optimization priority which by extension delayed the Xbox version, which to me is essentially the same thing as paying for timed exclusivity.

Total number of employees says nothing, Larian studios had a ton of issues during the X360 era with publishers (had to cut content for the Divinity draconis game on X360 because publisher did not wanted a delay and then released the dragon knight saga but were not allowed to give away the new content to the Draconis owners, then they had to go to kickstarter for the OS1/OS2 games....And this one is much bigger.  We will see but feels like people are blowing this up out of proportion.