By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

I thought Age of Empires was supposed to leave the "fantasy" element to Age of Mythology I like this though! 

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm in. The game is not super easy at first (there is a video tutorial only, not a tutorial level or map) but it looks really promizing.

I love 4x and civ-like games (I'm still playing at least 1 game of civ 6 per week :)) and this is really looking like a nice take on the genre.

Graphically... I'm not a huge fan of the art style and it looks a bit weird (kinda like Age Of Empires 4 during the beta).  But I'm optimistic this will get better.

I have no idea why I didn't get an invite this time lol. I got into the first one and I was looking forward to this one to see what improvements were made, but oh well. 

I thought the art style was much more realistic. At least compared to Civ 6. Let me know if you're able to go long enough till you get to the atomic age

Also, let me know more about how the "quests" work because that was a very intriguing aspect I've never seen before in a 4X game. 

@Imaginedvl just got my email! I'm gonna play it tonight!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 February 2023

konnichiwa said:

Seems Xbox also did well in Japan this week 14kish. It really helps to make your own Japanese games, Tango needs an expansion so they can make more games :).

Hell yeah, I've been calling for MS to expand Tango, I think that's the easier solution to get more JP dev games from MS than buying another JP studio (though I would gladly take that too)

ice said:
konnichiwa said:

Seems Xbox also did well in Japan this week 14kish. It really helps to make your own Japanese games, Tango needs an expansion so they can make more games :).

Hell yeah, I've been calling for MS to expand Tango, I think that's the easier solution to get more JP dev games from MS than buying another JP studio (though I would gladly take that too)

That would be great! Shinji Mikami alone will bring in quite a bit of Japanese talent, but now that Hi-Fi Rush is out, Japanese developers that may have assumed that Tango was just going to continue Shinji's career of Survival Horror games can rest easy knowing that Tango can work on whatever they feel like, bringing in even more developers to the studio. 

Ryuu96 said:

That's in Germany. On US Gamepass console charts right now it is:

1. HiFi Rush
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. Age of Empire 2 DE
  4. Minecraft
  5. Forza Horizon 5
  6. R6 Siege
  7. FIFA 22 XB1
  8. FIFA 22 Xbox Series
  9. Halo Infinite multiplayer
  10. Halo Infinite Campaign

Not sure why Halo Infinite MP shows up on Gamepass charts when it is F2P, not Gamepass.

US Gamepass PC top 10 is:

1. HiFi Rush
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. Age of Empire 2 DE
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection
  5. Forza Horizon 5
  6. Halo Infinite campaign
  7. Halo Infinite multiplayer
  8. Forza Horizon 4
  9. Sea of Thieves
  10. Ark Survival Evolved

Around the Network

It's great to see Monster Hunter: Rise is getting a ton of love! Hopefully successful enough Capcom will want to give another one of their games a go on the service!

It's insane to see Hi-Fi Rush is still sitting at number 1 on both console and PC game pass. Loving every minute of the game!

gtotheunit91 said:

It's great to see Monster Hunter: Rise is getting a ton of love! Hopefully successful enough Capcom will want to give another one of their games a go on the service!

It's insane to see Hi-Fi Rush is still sitting at number 1 on both console and PC game pass. Loving every minute of the game!

I believe the Gamepass charts update only on Sundays, so it was #1 still as of 5 days ago, but that was almost 2 weeks after it released. Will be interesting to see if it is still #1 this Sunday. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Not a fan of the series but I downloaded it nonetheless for the lulz. Visually one of the roughest games I've played in years. Poor shadow quality, low poly models and terrible texture quality. I know the game was developed for Switch but at the same time it was also developed for PC and most likely with PS and Xbox in mind. They really went the lazy route and made a game for the lowest common denominator instead of building it for PC and then lowering the settings for Switch.

Anyway I deleted it after only a few minutes since I didn't want to unlock the first achievement and therefore having it on my profile.

Barozi said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Not a fan of the series but I downloaded it nonetheless for the lulz. Visually one of the roughest games I've played in years. Poor shadow quality, low poly models and terrible texture quality. I know the game was developed for Switch but at the same time it was also developed for PC and most likely with PS and Xbox in mind. They really went the lazy route and made a game for the lowest common denominator instead of building it for PC and then lowering the settings for Switch.

Anyway I deleted it after only a few minutes since I didn't want to unlock the first achievement and therefore having it on my profile.

Ngl, that's pretty surprising to hear. Despite being developed with the Switch in mind first, I would've thought it would still translate well to current gen consoles since it was developed with RE Engine, which has proven to be a very capable engine producing some insanely polished visuals. 

Since Capcom has now gone with PC being their "main platform" going forward, which they announced months after MH: Rise released on Switch, this will probably be the last time this is an issue. 

Ashamed that I still haven't played Age of Empires 4.

I think it looks pretty good though.