By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

TGA clearly state on their website that games released by November 18th would be considered for nominations, but nominees were announced on the 14th.

Pentiment and Pokémon Scarlet/Violet received no nominations. I highly doubt they were considered.

It's more like a cover, but it usually means anything releasing close to that won't be nominated which is one of my biggest issues with The Game Awards (besides the Forza Horizon 5 snub). It's not "Game of the Year" but instead "Game of the Past 10 Months" and I will always stand by that I think TGA's should be hosted in February instead of December.

Give us a nice show to kick the year off with, I believe Dice GOTY Awards are held around March and stuff like The Oscars is hosted around March too, I don't know why TGA's is hosted in December aside from maybe it's a better time to get advertisers, which is another issue I have with TGA's, so much damn advertising, Lol.

Yes, Xbox would have had few nominations either way this year but I've no doubt that if these awards were hosted in February instead of December that Scarlet/Violet would have been nominated and even Pentiment judging from reviews deserves a Best Narrative nomination and maybe even Art-Style for how unique it is.

I also think Halo Infinite definitely would have got a nomination last year for at least Best Audio, Best OST and Best Multiplayer (at the time). I still think it deserves a Best Audio/OST and it could still be nominated for this year but when something released in the previous year it runs the risk of reviewers simply not considering it for those reasons.

Also, Best Ongoing is always the same damn 5 titles, how about Forza Horizon 5? Flight Simulator? Sea of Thieves?

Not only are games released from mid-November to December snubbed for that year, but they also don't get nominated for the following year. It doesn't make sense. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Got post 343 and levelled up to Spartan in the same day. 

The universe is showing my bias. 👀

Congrats

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

gtotheunit91 said:

I have a feeling that Pentiment's nicheness is holding back some higher scores. Reading the 3 mixed reviews on metacritic, they raved about many aspects of the game, but pointing out that it's not for everybody and that seemingly doxed their overall scores.

This was one of the mixed reviews, "Pentiment is a graphic adventure like no other. We love the medieval setting and writing, but it is slow paced and not every player will enjoy its simple mechanics based on dialogues." Those initial points should've been it because that's what's most important, but the latter half brought down their score to a 73.

Positives

• Loved the setting.
  • Loved the writing.
  • Unique graphic adventure.

Negatives

• Slow paced.

Score: 73/100?

Is that right? Did they really mark it down based on what others may think?

It doesn't matter at all what others think in a review, it's what you think, Lol.

Inform a user that they may not like certain aspects, but it should have no impact on your final score if it's not what you think.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 November 2022

Here's a quick thought while the Xbox community is currently on a Halo Infinite high. When career ranks are finally added, allow those ranks, at least starting with the more mid-level, to be viewed as titles.

In Destiny 2, there are titles you earn after completing specific requirements or challenges, it would be displayed right under your nametag. You knew what that player had to do to earn that title. It was a great motivator to grind the game, and just gives more incentive for players to keep playing besides the FOMO cosmetics lol.

My favorite D2 title that I earned was Blacksmith. One of the rarer titles in the game and now is a title you can't even earn anymore when Bungie did the huge content purge almost 2 and a half years ago lol.

But Halo: Reach had some really cool ranks that could be used as titles. If you saw an Inheritor, Reclaimer, Foreunner (D2 added this title not too long ago lol) Eclipse, Noble, Mythic, etc. while playing Reach, you had some mad respect for that player. But it was never viewed as title. You would have to go to the players profile to see that ranking. Would be something really cool to see for the longevity of Infinite.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 14 November 2022

I wonder what Josh will do now; will he ever return to Pillars? I wish he was involved with Avowed but I'm sure Carrie will do great taking over his IP. Will he stick to smaller projects or maybe Obsidian asks if he wants to do another Fallout if he's up to it and Bethesda allows it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 November 2022

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

VAMPIRE SURVIVORS!!! It is the most addicting game I've played in years. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:

I have a feeling that Pentiment's nicheness is holding back some higher scores. Reading the 3 mixed reviews on metacritic, they raved about many aspects of the game, but pointing out that it's not for everybody and that seemingly doxed their overall scores.

This was one of the mixed reviews, "Pentiment is a graphic adventure like no other. We love the medieval setting and writing, but it is slow paced and not every player will enjoy its simple mechanics based on dialogues." Those initial points should've been it because that's what's most important, but the latter half brought down their score to a 73.

I just ran into this on Twitter. Seems like those guys at Game Rant tend to have a very...  specific taste.

chakkra said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I just ran into this on Twitter. Seems like those guys at Game Rant tend to have a very...  specific taste.

I like how 5 of the games on the left are re-releases lol

Anyone play Diglett's yet in Infinite?