By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:

Impressive if true.

There is a 10 min gameplay video on Eurogamer for this game and it does look very good.  Looking forward to it.

Around the Network
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Among dozens of other signs presaging an economic downturn.  Sucks that it'll be happening when MS is finally hitting the accelerator on releases.

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

We're now on the date that Microsoft expected the merger to be done by, the termination fee is now $2.5bn.

Around the Network

Software Design Engineer on Xbox Loyalty Program (Microsoft Rewards).

This is not the right time for gaming division layoffs. As we well know, Phil is anti-Crunch, and Xbox has alot of games that need to ship asap to show that these barren drought years are not only a thing of the past, but a thing of the distant past. People are hungry for at least 1 more AAA Xbox exclusive release in 2023 beyond the 3 we already have scheduled for the first half, preferably 2 more. Layoffs hurt are chances of that happening, and can also hurt the 2024 lineup, with lowering are chances of seeing at least 4 or 5 AAA exclusives from Xbox in 2024 as well. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:

This is not the right time for gaming division layoffs. As we well know, Phil is anti-Crunch, and Xbox has alot of games that need to ship asap to show that these barren drought years are not only a thing of the past, but a thing of the distant past. People are hungry for at least 1 more AAA Xbox exclusive release in 2023 beyond the 3 we already have scheduled for the first half, preferably 2 more. 

"Sure, we made record breaking profits over the pandemic but because we irresponsibly over-hired during the pandemic and to save ourselves a little bit of profit, we are now laying off tens of thousands"

Basically the entire tech industry right now, and as I'm typing this Amazon has just announced another 18,000 layoffs on top of the 11,000 they already did, shitty times ahead, I doubt this is the last layoff that Microsoft does. I don't know if many developers will be impacted in this round though, we'll have to wait and see, not seen any yet but the day is early. No matter who though, it sucks.

Btw these layoffs include Bethesda too, unsure which sector of Xbox/Bethesda has been hit thus far.

Barely passed half January and it has been sad so far.

- Gold additions still suck
- Gamepass additions were basically non existant till second half of the month
- Even a first party title ends up getting removed from gamepass
- Still Acquisition drama
- Potential lay ofs while they need more people considering their are some long standing isseus + game delays.

The Dev direct is something they had to but also seems bare bones.

I know next year will be better....