By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Anyway, I do hope that all 3 of Xbox's big AAA's hit 1st half 2023 as intended. That happening will take Forza in March or April, Redfall in May, and Starfield in June to happen, as I can't see Xbox releasing 2 of them on the same month. April is deader than March in terms of AAA releases, so I hope Forza is April, since Redfall has been leaked as May and Starfield leaked as aiming for June.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
DroidKnight said:

lol, I saw a clock

stop watch would be 3:37:50?

Now for my next stupid guess.

Switching the scale over would be 3 weeks and 37 days.  Added together would be 58 days from now.  March 11th.  

Edit: or March 12th if you want to calculate the .5 into time zones.

Or it could be that the clock will stop in 3 months and 7 days.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Just curious, why aren't you interested in MMOs?

Dont have as much free time as I used to in the past , MMOs are pretty much timesinks too.

I prefer to play games with an actual endgame.

Though if I were to try out a MMO, it would be FFXIV but only because I'm a huge FF fan and I heard great stuff about the story.

BasilZero said:

Dont have as much free time as I used to in the past , MMOs are pretty much timesinks too.

Though if I were to try out a MMO, it would be FFXIV but only because I'm a huge FF fan and I heard great stuff about the story.

Lol.  That giant Final Fantasy list of games you have and I didn't notice that one missing.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Lol.  That giant Final Fantasy list of games you have and I didn't notice that one missing.

FFXI and FFXIV are the only ones I havent played or own. Simply because they are both MMOs.

BasilZero said:
Ryuu96 said:

Just curious, why aren't you interested in MMOs?

To that point, FFVII Remake has been immensely disappointing my first ever FF game. The combat and graphics are great, but the story draaaaaaaags and the side quests are so barebones that it’s a damn crime! 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 13 January 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Isn't Nvidia technically the leader in Cloud Streaming as well? GeForce Now reported 25m, xCloud reported 20m. Nvidia is smart though, Microsoft might as well throw a concession their way. IIRC...Nvidia works in that if you own a game on Steam, you can use GeForce Now to stream it anywhere? But you need to own it?

Think Microsoft could easily get them to drop their "concerns" if they say "hey, you know those Activision-Blizzard titles that you weren't getting anyway and were never going to get from an independent Activision-Blizzard? Well if you support the deal we'll support GeForce Now" Lol. Microsoft will just have to make xCloud appealing another way.

Google can get f*cked, Lol. They aren't in the streaming market, they shut down their shit through their own incompetence, they will still be #2 in Mobile Gaming by a gigantic margin (Apple #1) even if Xbox creates their own mobile store, especially when, Microsoft almost certainly won't be leaving Android or iOS...Microsoft wants to be everywhere.

Would be absolutely baffling if regulators who have lately been bitching a lot about Google/Apple's app store dominance, fall for such an obvious attempt to stop someone from threatening Android store just a tiny bit and sides with Google, ensuring their dominance. Although, I suppose that mostly only applies to EU, it has been them who have bitched about Android/iOS the most lately.

Right. GeForce Now is just a way to stream games you already own but on different devices. Pretty great quality too. They're upgrading their $20/month plan to support RTX 4080's!!!

Geforce now is great. The quality eclipses any of the other Steaming options. I would love if MS and all companys allowed their games on the service since you still have to own them to play them anyways. Id also love if Ms stopped using Series consoles for their new games on xcloud going forward and instead used PC hardware as i believe the series consoles are whats holding their quality/latency etc back compared to Geforce now. 

Ryuu96 said:

Redfall.

Forza Motorsport is probably last, I want to see how pretty it looks but I have no interest in playing it.

Legends I'll be playing day one but I'd probably put ESO's next expansion above it, Lol.

Defo Redfall. Not too interested in the rest.

zero129 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Right. GeForce Now is just a way to stream games you already own but on different devices. Pretty great quality too. They're upgrading their $20/month plan to support RTX 4080's!!!

Geforce now is great. The quality eclipses any of the other Steaming options. I would love if MS and all companys allowed their games on the service since you still have to own them to play them anyways. Id also love if Ms stopped using Series consoles for their new games on xcloud going forward and instead used PC hardware as i believe the series consoles are whats holding their quality/latency etc back compared to Geforce now. 

Probably a cost issue.  Getting XCloud to scale using your own hardware compared to PC.  Nvidia of couse has an edge here with using their own hardware for their service.  I will say that XCloud works way better once I upgraded my net speed.  I usually use it to test whether or not to actually download games from GP after giving them a go on XCloud.  I did that with High on Life for about 2 hours play which was pretty smooth experience with a few microblocking artifacts during play.

Personally I believe that the Xbox hardware is more responsible for the rendering of the image not the latency.