By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SKMBlake said:
gtotheunit91 said:

No. Developer_Direct will be the official name of the showcase as previously reported. 

No but that's basically the Xbox showcase, right ? But with a new name

Just think of it as they've ripped of Nintendo Direct. It's not a replacement to their E3 Showcase.

These are planned to be smaller scale "Direct" style events, it's not a showcase in the style of E3.

I doubt they'll call their June E3 showcase a "Developer Direct".

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Counterpoint to Starfield's delay argument (yeah I'm countering myself) is that if Starfield was delayed would there really be any point in doing a deep dive instead of just waiting until E3 and then doing the deep dive after E3. Maybe if they keep to the "next few months" timing and Starfield's deep dive is Feb-March it may release in June.

Technically Redfall is outside of "next few months" but by a week at most, Lol. Would like if these Directs are all focused on the "next few months" and now I pray that they put a bullet in the ID@Xbox/Twitch thing and instead do a ID@Xbox Developer_Direct with how many dang indies are coming to Game Pass.

"A few" tends to be applied more broadly in the US.  I vaguely remember some old saying that goes "it's anywhere between 3-21," but I figured that's to illustrate the point.

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

I'm warming a little to the name though, Developer Direct.

The developers bringing the games direct to us It's all about the developers in the end.

And I don't mind hearing developers speak over their games as they show us gameplay.

I like the name, kinda fitting having Direct in the name considering Xbox’ name comes from the words DirectX Box.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 January 2023

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Machiavellian said:

I think you guys are over hyping a simple direct that is probably geared to give more visibility to smaller titles then the bigger AAA which will have their own marking push.  MS have a lot of games planned for this year and in my opinion, it probably was wise to let a lot of these games more space to hit the ground running then rush them to market.  The problem with overhyping anything is underachieving which causes a worst case scenario all around.  You guys really could use some patience.

Here’s the thing choom we ain’t the Sony fan base and we sure ain’t the Nintendo one, this isn’t a “simple direct” this is the start of what will likely be our event that we can get excited about each month. You say have patience? We haven’t had communication from MS outside of Game Pass tweets and a single event a year in the last decade, we have the patience of a fucking Saint. Even if Starfield skips this, this event is one we should be hyped about regardless of if it’s a letdown.

Well I was going to go into a whole speil that MS probably have a dedicated show for Starfield but I guess I was to late on that front.  It was obvious to anyone paying attention that Starfield is a big enough title that it will be used to push GP and Xbox sells so having it in this direct with multiple games was probably not the best ideal when you want to lead with your biggest game and give it the full shine.  If you are a MS only gamer then you have no choice in being patience.  You know everything was delayed due to COVID and its been pretty obvious that Phil is not rushing any game to market until its ready.

As for hyping the event, I disagree.  The fact that its a developer lead event means its not going to be set in a way that would generate mass YouTube appeal.  Hell, I do not see any of the OEM hyping their directs probably because they are just a slice of games coming more than anything else.  Either way getting yourself riled up about what MS does or doesn't do probably is another waste of energy because MS will always disappoint in that situation.  You probably should stop looking for MS to be like Apple, MS does not have the DNA for that type of hype.

As for myself, I find it a waste of time until I see firm release dates for a game until then, its not worth my time thinking about.  

Ryuu96 said:

Counterpoint to Starfield's delay argument (yeah I'm countering myself) is that if Starfield was delayed would there really be any point in doing a deep dive instead of just waiting until E3 and then doing the deep dive after E3. Maybe if they keep to the "next few months" timing and Starfield's deep dive is Feb-March it may release in June.

Technically Redfall is outside of "next few months" but by a week at most, Lol. Would like if these Directs are all focused on the "next few months" and now I pray that they put a bullet in the ID@Xbox/Twitch thing and instead do a ID@Xbox Developer_Direct with how many dang indies are coming to Game Pass.

Since Starfield doesn't have a release date, what would you consider a delay.  If anything it might be the timing of the release more than development of the product.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Since Starfield doesn't have a release date, what would you consider a delay.  If anything it might be the timing of the release more than development of the product.

Technically it does, they said last E3 everything shown will release in the next 12 months so Starfield's date is anywhere from now until June. Anything from July and beyond would be a delay on Microsoft's own official confirmation.

I'm leaning towards September but maybe if the deep dive is before E3 then it could be June.

Ryuu96 said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm not seeing it all but I do not see why Starfield would be delayed again so far; at least there is really no indication of it. 
Esp. with Microsoft stating that they are preparing a show specifically for it.

I have faith; I think Starfield is going to be in during first half of 2023. 

Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm not seeing it all but I do not see why Starfield would be delayed again so far; at least there is really no indication of it. 
Esp. with Microsoft stating that they are preparing a show specifically for it.

I have faith; I think Starfield is going to be in during first half of 2023. 

I'm still optimistic it will be too. It would be truly bizarre to market a Starfield only showcase in January and have it not be released within the following 5 months lol. That's just way too much of a stretch to start getting hype going and then not deliver somewhat soon afterwards.