By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

@shikamaru317 there's quite a few quest fixes in these patch notes. Has your day finally come???

So I loaded in after downloading the most recent update. Tried to board The Den, and neither the hatch nor the board UI button after docking would work. So I retried one of the fixes some people have got to work, that I tried in the past multiple times but didn't do anything for me, where you reload an earlier save from back when The Den interior map still loaded, load The Den there, which is supposed to pull The Den assets into your Xbox's short term memory, and then reload your most recent save and try to board The Den again. It never worked in the past when I tried it, but this time it did, finally made it onto The Den so that I can finish Andreja's Loyalty quest and get it off of my active quest log and finish the rest of the game.

I've been playing some other games so I don't know when I will get around to finishing Starfield and playing the DLC, but at least the bug is fixed now, or at least the gamebreaking part of it (the same bug also wipes out sections of the floor of the New Atlantis spaceport map and deletes some NPC's from that map, but I don't think any of that is gamebreaking, and it may have been fixed at some point along the way).

How shocking that having a random ass exclusivity strategy would backfire.

• Here's some FFs, Xbox.
  • Here's some FFs, PlayStation.
  • Here's some FFs, Nintendo.
  • Here's some FFs, Epic Game Store.
  • Here's some FFs, Steam.

Final Fantasy ain't an IP that should be restricted, it should be released day one on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Steam.

Square was like: "Why hasn't FF sold millions on Xbox?!" After only starting to port them 13 entries in and trying for 2 mainline entries before giving up for the bag of cash offered by Sony, Lol. Tbh as well, FF13/FF15 didn't even sell that badly on Xbox, 1-2m units is fine for a single platform port and for an IP like Final Fantasy but Square couldn't be bothered to continue to build on the fanbase.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 1 day ago

Yeah, I can understand that smaller devs take money for exclusivity rights because that obviously also helps to finance the game and to invest more in the development of it but bigger devs/publishers? They just hurt themselves over the long run with this exclusivity stuff. At least with games which are part of a franchise. You lose some potential sales on other platforms forever and not only for this single release. Many can't be bothered to buy game XY 5 if they couldn't play XY 3 and 4. So even with games which won't be exclusive anymore you will reach lower sales because of your other exclusive releases.

And this will take many consequent releases on a platform to fix again. It's also not smart to bet on a single platform holder as if it's your friend. What if Sony will increase their lead more and more? Wouldn't be surprising if they would increase their cut from every sold third party game if they don't have any competition anymore. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - 1 day ago

Around the Network

I was looking forward to playing Frostpunk 2 at launch, but apparently it's PC only despite being available on XBOX Game Pass.. how does this make any sense? Really hard to come up with anything positive Xbox is doing these days sigh...

KiigelHeart said:

I was looking forward to playing Frostpunk 2 at launch, but apparently it's PC only despite being available on XBOX Game Pass.. how does this make any sense? Really hard to come up with anything positive Xbox is doing these days sigh...

console versions release next year. But no idea if this will be also on console GP then. I mean, would suck if they wouldn't release the PC version now just to hold it back when the console versions are ready. 

crissindahouse said:
KiigelHeart said:

console versions release next year. But no idea if this will be also on console GP then. I mean, would suck if they wouldn't release the PC version now just to hold it back when the console versions are ready. 

My point was it's available on service called Xbox Game Pass.. Xbox. And it's actually not playable on Xbox. 

KiigelHeart said:
crissindahouse said:

My point was it's available on service called Xbox Game Pass.. Xbox. And it's actually not playable on Xbox. 

Yes it's not available on consoles right now because of a delay but the PC version released already so that it's already available on Xbox Gamepass for PC. What is your solution? To delay the release on Xbox Gamepass as well just so that those on console don't have to complain? 

The app on PC is also called Xbox, you get the same achievements and have the same account/friends. It's also Xbox just without a console...not sure where your problem is now. That Xbox GP for console and PC get slightly different releases is nothing new...I mean, there are some games which never release on PC or on console at all. Should MS never have those in GP then? 

it's not MS's fault that the developer didn't manage to finish all versions the same time. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - 23 hours ago

When I posted the launch video for Frostpunk 2 yesterday, I didn't even notice that it wasn't on Xbox. Sorry for creating false expectations.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.