By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

So, of course, given this is the final game in the older Age Of franchise to remake, and, well, how they’re making new expansions for it… Surely? Surely, right? Age of Empires V is just sitting there, in the ether, unmade. “It does sound a lot like you’re in a position where you kind of want to make something new?” I asked, my voice going ridiculously high at the end as I try to goad them into an answer I know they won’t give. I came closer than I thought!

“So…” began Yuen. “I…” he continued. “We…” he added. “I would love…” he so temptingly continued. And then catching himself went back to the clearly rehearsed line of, “So, we are launching the game on September 4, our goal is this will be a game that will continue to be updated and nurtured and…” Just imagine me turning down the volume at this point. So I tried again.

“I know you don’t want to answer this, but you must be tempted make a whole new one! You’ve got everything in place, right? Teams in place, all these experts…”

“Yes,” says Yuen, gently cutting me off. “We do have a lot of people that are very interesting in building more Age.” Come on, come on. “And that is definitely something that we need to…” YES?! “Right now, we need to focus on making Age of Mythology: Retold the best game out there.” Goddammit.

How The Age Of Mythology Retold Devs Welcome The Modern Era

I think they could give Age of Mythology 2 to Forgotten Empires, at this point they've remastered everything and Forgotten Empires also assisted on Age of Empires IV so they have a huge amount of experience on the Age of franchises, so I would absolutely trust them on a full fledged title, meanwhile Relic Entertainment can work on Age of Empires V because they're going to need the work.

Microsoft should remake Black & White since they own the IP due to the purchase of Lionhead studios years ago.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I asked Zakhar Bocharov of GSC Game World about its turbulent release, and here's what he had to say: "It was an ambitious game from the beginning. Then we got COVID. Then we got war. Then we got relocation. Then we had fire in Prague. Then we had Russian hacks. Then we got delays." Despite this, there was an air of triumph in Bocharov's tone; they were close.

"So, I just covered seven years in my head, and I was thinking, 'damn, it was a really bad business idea'." Bocharov's emphasis here is on the financial costs, rather than the game as a whole. "Every delay costs a lot for us. Five delays – the budget is way more than it was to start … For me, when we delay, we understand the reaction. We understand people are tired of waiting. You really want it to release as well. We just do what's necessary," Bocharov said. "We're on the finish line. It's just about delivering the vision and experience now."

STALKER 2 Devs Joke Developing It "Was A Really Bad Business Idea" - VideoGamer

They even lost developers in the war against Russia.

@G2ThaUNiT We have work to do, we've got to prove them wrong. 🫡

We gonna buy ALL the copies!!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Lock it at 40fps and call it a day.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

I asked Zakhar Bocharov of GSC Game World about its turbulent release, and here's what he had to say: "It was an ambitious game from the beginning. Then we got COVID. Then we got war. Then we got relocation. Then we had fire in Prague. Then we had Russian hacks. Then we got delays." Despite this, there was an air of triumph in Bocharov's tone; they were close.

"So, I just covered seven years in my head, and I was thinking, 'damn, it was a really bad business idea'." Bocharov's emphasis here is on the financial costs, rather than the game as a whole. "Every delay costs a lot for us. Five delays – the budget is way more than it was to start … For me, when we delay, we understand the reaction. We understand people are tired of waiting. You really want it to release as well. We just do what's necessary," Bocharov said. "We're on the finish line. It's just about delivering the vision and experience now."

STALKER 2 Devs Joke Developing It "Was A Really Bad Business Idea" - VideoGamer

They even lost developers in the war against Russia.

@G2ThaUNiT We have work to do, we've got to prove them wrong. 🫡

We gonna buy ALL the copies!!

Nobody accepted my gift offer yet, these Brits are fucking useless.

Game Pass + Purchase for me. Really hope it hits the 80+ mark with critics too.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

crissindahouse said:

Playing 6 hours a day (which for most is almost the whole freetime they have between work and sleeptime) means playing more than a month and doing nothing else in your freetime to reach 200 hours. That shows how much 200 hours really are

I seriously have no idea how people can do that to their own life with something  they don't enjoy a lot

Well I checked it for you, it took me more than a month to reach the last achievement and my total playtime since release is close to 180 hours, I also did not said I had no enjoyment from the game the flaws (some of them are so annoying and I don't get it) again as an example the lockpicking, it is new and fun when you do them at first but they take some time to do and become very annoying when you have +20 locked chest/doors in one base... People just tend to skip them while it was less annoying in F4 or skyrim.

+ Franchise pages is a good thing, finally a store update that really does something =p.

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 02 September 2024

Completed Dungeons of Hinterberg, overall a good game but I felt the day/evening/Night cycle annoying, also the fast travel was instant and took me by surprise.
8/10

Enotria indefinitely delayed on Xbox, devs say it is due to poor and slow communication by Xbox during the submission process:

https://enotriathelastsong.com/news/enotria-the-last-song-official-announcement