By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Honestly I don't think it's an agreement, I think it's an Activision thing, I'm looking through their official channels for previous CODs and they only seemed to list platforms whenever said platform had a specific timed exclusive content but many times they didn't bother listing any platforms at all. I don't think they're trying to hide Game Pass or anything cause that doesn't make sense, Xbox wouldn't have screamed it from the roof-tops otherwise but here's multiple times they didn't bother listing any platforms at all.

This one mentioned PlayStation cause the beta was first on PlayStation: Reveal Trailer | Call of Duty: Vanguard

Seems they only bother to mention platforms if there's content exclusive to them but otherwise they can't be bothered to mention any platforms at all, Lol. So I think this is just an Activision thing rather than an agreement. Activision simply not feeling the need to bother to list any platforms when there's nothing exclusive to advertise, it's probably pure laziness if anything, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 August 2024

Around the Network

Floatopia - Reveal Trailer | gamescom 2024

Floatopia, coming from NetEase Games, is a life sim. Players can travel among super-powered worlds to craft their island and engage with friends.

=

Genuinely thought my PC was dying watching this video, who is responsible for this upload? Lmao.

The Xbox/NetEase partnership is showing fruits here and there thanks to the Blizzard agreement.

GI is on xCloud.

• Genshin Impact is an open-world adventure game, which will be free-to-play for everyone on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Well that was a Geoff/10. Tarsier losing the LN ip when Embracer bought em only to go on to create Reanimal … a game that looks significantly more LN than LN3 (which honestly looked terrible) is pretty damn funny. Mafia The Old Country has me hyped! And everything else that was shown was kinda meh.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

xCloud Support + Game Pass Perks.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
PixelPirate said:

Jeez, why even announce the port before release? :')

Well not sure if it is still a thing but Sony was in the process of buying Paramount and they own the rights to indiana Jones, they would still need to deal with Disney tho...

I will not be surprised that the PS5 Pro unveil event will show Indiana Jones as one of the games and I guess it is better to announce the game here?

No, Indiana Jones is wholly owned (marketing and films, too) by The Walt Disney Company.
When they bought Lucasfilm, they made a deal.

And even, then it would ONLY be for the movie rights (and marketing of those movies); not a game.

I saw a lot of cool things from Xbox today, along with two baffling strategic decisions.

- Towerborne is coming to Steam first. The game, for years, got marketed as an Xbox title. The team needing more time is fine. Early access is fine. Free-to-play is fine. All cool. No platform parity for early access launch for a first-party title is just nonsense though, once again resulting in disappointment for your core console audience.

- I feel like bringing Indiana Jones and The Great Circle to PS5 is a fine decision. It's the timing of the announcement that just makes me question Xbox' decision making. Why not at least *try* to allow the game to just officially be an Xbox exclusive for now, sell consoles, sell Game Pass, be a pillar title for the platform/ecosystem, even if just for a period of time? All that is now gone.

Just strategically two weird decisions. At its core, all the Xbox games shown *looked* fantastic though. Towerborne looks great, Indiana Jones and The Great Circle looks freakin' fantastic. Starfield keeps growing through awesome updates, Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred is shaping up to be great as well.

===

Almost sums up my thoughts, though I'm more worried about Towerborne from a sustainability stance, not a fan of it being F2P and the gap between the Steam EA and Xbox EA release could hurt the amount of quality feedback it receives and the gap is too large, Steam is faster with updates but not faster by literally 4+ months, Lol.

Don't care about IJ on PS5 but announcing it before the Xbox release is odd, not that I think it would have been a major system seller, if Starfield wasn't then hardly anything will be, especially not IJ which is a damaged IP in recent history but you could still receive some benefit, even if you announced the PS5 port literally a week after the Xbox release, Lol. It seems there's little benefit to announcing a port before release unless it's a day one multiplatform which it isn't. My theory is every Bethesda title will be multiplatform moving forward but IJ just couldn't get out in time before this shift in strategy but even so, don't need to bother announcing it for PS5 yet, Lol. Though we did demand Xbox to be honest about their plans, Lol.

Rest of the showing was great, I really like the look of Towerborne but I'm worried about its commercial/player impact, Indiana Jones looks great, excited to get back into Starfield, looking forward to Age of Mythology Retold and I'm looking forward to more updates tomorrow on videogames, just have those two issues and one issue can still be fixed (Towerborne's too large staggered release)

Probably College Football 25 will end up pushing more consoles than any exclusive this year Tbh, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 August 2024

Starfield update is out now, another Creation Club quest too.

I'm going to wait for Shattered Space...Give me more updates and CC content before then!

Those comments by Daniel Ahmad make sense, major third party games are the biggest sellers on Xbox and Playstation, but Sony offering their first party games on top of those means Xbox will never catch up. But if they want the focus to be on GamePass, then the hardware sales don't matter as much. As someone who really enjoyed Xbox during the 360 era, though, I don't think I'll ever be the intended audience for Microsoft's current Xbox strategy.