By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

oh wow, you can play Call of Duty early with Game Pass? Not just Pre-Order. Is that a mistake or what?
That would be a first I think. Usually even Day 1 games on GamePass does not get that "pre order" treatment? (or maybe I missed it)

Around the Network
Leynos said:

S controller was the best controller of the 6th gen. Easily.

Agreed. Way more comfortable than the tiny PS2 controller or the gamecube controller. It's only real issue was the lack of left and right bumpers, instead we got the black and white buttons which simply aren't as convenient as bumpers. 

shikamaru317 said:
Leynos said:

Agreed. Way more comfortable than the tiny PS2 controller or the gamecube controller. It's only real issue was the lack of left and right bumpers, instead we got the black and white buttons which simply aren't as convenient as bumpers. 

I loved it too. I remember ordering a version from Japan (a nice dark gray one) because it was not available in Canada at the time :D

Imaginedvl said:

oh wow, you can play Call of Duty early with Game Pass? Not just Pre-Order. Is that a mistake or what?
That would be a first I think. Usually even Day 1 games on GamePass does not get that "pre order" treatment? (or maybe I missed it)

They want to boost Gamepass subs. Xbox has been disappointed with the slow growth of Gamepass ever since the Covid boost ended. They are betting big on CoD being a big Gamepass draw, they are hoping that most of the 15m+ who play CoD on Xbox or PC will sub to Gamepass and stay subbed. That combined with the gamepass price increases will substantially boost their profitability in the long run.

It's a gamble though, CoD sales on two platforms could largely collapse, while some CoD fans may not sub permanently, but only sub for a few months then drop it when they get bored of CoD MP, until the next year's CoD releases. 

shikamaru317 said:
Imaginedvl said:

They want to boost Gamepass subs. Xbox has been disappointed with the slow growth of Gamepass ever since the Covid boost ended. They are betting big on CoD being a big Gamepass draw, they are hoping that most of the 15m+ who play CoD on Xbox or PC will sub to Gamepass and stay subbed. That combined with the gamepass price increases will substantially boost their profitability in the long run.

It's a gamble though, CoD sales on two platforms could largely collapse, while some CoD fans may not sub permanently, but only sub for a few months then drop it when they get bored of CoD MP, until the next year's CoD releases. 

yah maybe.

Well in my case I always buy Call of Duty, play it for one month or two and move on.
So I am a net lose for Microsoft in that case, I'm already paying for GamePass and will definitely not buy Call Of Duty. I buy other games like Starfield, or Flight Simulator or will do for Avowed or Indiana but not for Call of Duty if I can play it with my GamePass sub.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

While the game looks great, the demo bored me a lot maybe I was playing it wrong but it was moving way to slow for my tower defense fix.  I still will give the full game a go but not in any hurry.

Leynos said:

S controller?

6th gen is Xbox/GCN/PS2....unless you mean the Series controller?

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

S controller?

S controller was the smaller version of the original Xbox controller. 

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

S controller?

S was the revised OG Xbox controller. It was designed for the Japanese market and was the only controller offered with Xbox there, as Japan has a preference for smaller controllers. After the Duke was heavily criticized in the west, the S controller replaced the Duke in 2002 in North America and in 2003 in Europe. Many improvements over the Duke, not only was it about 40% smaller and 9 ounces lighter, but it had better ergonomics on the hand grips, a d-pad shape added to the circular d-pad, better button alignment (a proper cross-shape for the face buttons instead of the leaning cross on duke), better button placement for the white and black buttons (within easier thumb travel range from the right analog stick):

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 July 2024

Xbox took inspiration from the Dreamcast controller. Hence the colored buttons. ABXY layout and the two ports in the controller.  They nearly had VMUs as MS used Dreamcast in focus groups developing Xbox. Abandoned the idea when no one looked down.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!