By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

If Microsoft was looking to make some good money, they’d release Spyro 4: It’s Not About Time for holiday season 2024. But since Spyro 4: It’s Not About Time has yet to be announced for holiday 2024, by contrapositive we must conclude that Microsoft isn’t looking to make some good money at the moment.

Around the Network

btw does anybody have game recommendations for XBSX? I only have Rare Replay for the moment.

firebush03 said:

btw does anybody have game recommendations for XBSX? I only have Rare Replay for the moment.

What kind of games are you into? I always recommend giving Age of Empires a try though! Xbox has AoE 2, 4 are currently on Xbox and a remake of Age of Mythology releasing in early September. 

firebush03 said:

To your first comment, Xbox did sign a deal with Toys for Bob, could be Spyro, but we won't know for a few years at least. 

I would say check out Game Pass, but sounds like you're not a fan. Anyways here are some games I recommend from Xbox. 

Master Chief Collection: If you haven't played any Halo or even missed a few of them, it's the best game collection out there imo. 

Forza Horizon 4&5. 4 is about to be delisted so you can find it for cheap. Even if you don't care for racing games, they are extremely fun. 

Hifi Rush, Battletoads(new one is fun in its), Wasteland 3, Recore, Ori 1&2, Psychonauts 2, Starfield, and Gears of War (all of them). 

BasilZero said:

Aside from that - been playing Bravely Default 2 on Switch while at work during break and Gears of War 2 on my Series X back at home at least one hour a night.

I am playing through Gears of War Ultimate Edition at the moment, also in intervals of one to two hours a day. It's that E-Day trailer... I have played each Gears of War campaign several times but just realized that I have never played Ultimate Edition, there's achievements popping left and right, sweet. Still a great game and a great franchise.

Around the Network

Finally on gamepass on PC and got the games I've been dreaming about for years.

Forza Horizon 5 is every bit as good as everyone has said. Its a beautiful game, make sure to play with HDR turned on makes a big difference. Also make sure to roll those wheel spins and check your inbox for gifts! You actually start the game out with quite a number of gifted cars. - 10/10

Age of Empires 2 - Definitive Edition is just as I remember it but with decent graphics, some new features and a surprisingly active multiplayer community! A must try if you into RTS games or just for nostalgia reasons. - 9/10

Unfortunately Hellblade 2, a game I was hyped about for years is possibly worse than even the mediocre reviews have portrayed it. Will be a bit harsh here, but the gameplay is essentially non-existent. That being said I think a few significant tweaks to the game design and combat and they actually have a decent game. The story, atmosphere, characters and environments were all amazing. Its actually a bit hard to classify this as a game so il leave out the rating. I seriously do wonder though if any of the developers enjoy this.

Games that I will be trying out next but they have insanely huge downloads are Gears of War 5, Halo Infinite, Starfield and Age of Empires 4! Excited!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

G2ThaUNiT said:
firebush03 said:

What kind of games are you into? I always recommend giving Age of Empires a try though! Xbox has AoE 2, 4 are currently on Xbox and a remake of Age of Mythology releasing in early September. 

I'm into anything lol. Just curious if there are any "Must Buy!" titles, like how the Switch has their Zeldas and Marios. I've heard Halo is very good, though mostly the original trilogy. Same with Gears of War. Haven't heard about AoE though, so might be interested.

smroadkill15 said:
firebush03 said:

I would say check out Game Pass, but sounds like you're not a fan. Anyways here are some games I recommend from Xbox. 

Master Chief Collection: If you haven't played any Halo or even missed a few of them, it's the best game collection out there imo. 

Forza Horizon 4&5. 4 is about to be delisted so you can find it for cheap. Even if you don't care for racing games, they are extremely fun. 

Hifi Rush, Battletoads(new one is fun in its), Wasteland 3, Recore, Ori 1&2, Psychonauts 2, Starfield, and Gears of War (all of them). 

I have no interest in subscribing to GP. I'm a "physical only" type of consumer, so it wouldn't really benefit me much. But Halo, GoW, Forza, HiFi, Battletoads, Wasteland, Ori, Psychonaughts: Sounds like a solid lineup to choose from. ty!

firebush03 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm into anything lol. Just curious if there are any "Must Buy!" titles, like how the Switch has their Zeldas and Marios. I've heard Halo is very good, though mostly the original trilogy. Same with Gears of War. Haven't heard about AoE though, so might be interested.

Biggest "must buys" I would consider will always be Halo. Halo Infinite and Halo: The Master Chief Collection (which does have a Series X update) definitely Gears of War, which you can play all the games via Backwards Compatibility and are individually purchasable if you don't have the disc. The original trilogy is one of my favorite in gaming. The first game did receive a remaster in 2015 called Gears of War Ultimate Edition if you want to start there. Especially since it looks like the storyline from Gears 4 and 5 will be put on hold since the recently announced E-Day will be a prequel to the original trilogy.

Other must buys would be Starfield (if you're into Bethesda RPGs like Fallout or Elder Scrolls: Skyrim) the Forza games with Motorsport being the hardcore racing sim (think of Gran Turismo) and Horizon (open world arcade racer) 

Age of Empires is probably top 5 of Xbox franchises now. It's an old Real-Time Strategy franchise (think of StarCraft or Command & Conquer but in a historical settings) The first 3 games have been remastered with AoE 2 being ported to console in 2022 with fantastic controller support, and AoE 4 was a brand new entry to the series that released in 2021 and ported to console in 2023, also with fantastic controller support. Age of Mythology was a spin-off game and is probably my favorite in the series, that is getting its remaster on September 4th. Probably my most anticipated game!

Xbox is also going to have a pretty big holiday season too. Avowed is a semi open world fantasy Action RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle. Both slated for this holiday season. 

Shinobi-san said:

Finally on gamepass on PC and got the games I've been dreaming about for years.

Forza Horizon 5 is every bit as good as everyone has said. Its a beautiful game, make sure to play with HDR turned on makes a big difference. Also make sure to roll those wheel spins and check your inbox for gifts! You actually start the game out with quite a number of gifted cars. - 10/10

Age of Empires 2 - Definitive Edition is just as I remember it but with decent graphics, some new features and a surprisingly active multiplayer community! A must try if you into RTS games or just for nostalgia reasons. - 9/10

Unfortunately Hellblade 2, a game I was hyped about for years is possibly worse than even the mediocre reviews have portrayed it. Will be a bit harsh here, but the gameplay is essentially non-existent. That being said I think a few significant tweaks to the game design and combat and they actually have a decent game. The story, atmosphere, characters and environments were all amazing. Its actually a bit hard to classify this as a game so il leave out the rating. I seriously do wonder though if any of the developers enjoy this.

Games that I will be trying out next but they have insanely huge downloads are Gears of War 5, Halo Infinite, Starfield and Age of Empires 4! Excited!

Awesome to see another Age of Empires fan in the thread!

Excited for Age of Mythology: Retold in September?!?

https://kotaku.com/starfield-vulture-quest-worth-it-review-1851557774

What do you guys think about this?
A content DLC (quest) for Starfield, costs 7$ and is basically just a run and gun, mission that takes less than 20m to complete.
(author thinks if you had a really power character, high level, you could do it in half that time)

Would you pay 7$ for a "bethesda made" quest, thats then possibly done in 10 minuets?