By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can I just say that the Indiana Jones game actually feels like they captured the magic of the original three movies? It's absolutely delightful! My inner child loves it.

Around the Network

Doesn't absolve MS or my worry for this industry. Any one of those games from MS themselves can still be a success or break out hit as MS described Hi-Fi Rush and punished for it. Shut down the studio. Shut down a tournament because people might want more Killer Instinct. We should not forget what MS/Sony or the AAA industry does. This is cool for now but what about later? Should not forget just because it's inconvenient.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

On Paper great, Personally an okay show.

-Simply not a fan of showing finally gameplay for games that were announced years ago while still not having a release date.

-When I saw Albion I got a Wow moment but I don't really care for most because it feels still long off or we don't have a date.

-No shadowdrops, really hoped some third party ports or shadowdrops but still no activision gamepass games? (Could have been on the COD stream am not watching that).

- Gears E-day hurts even as a Gears fan.   Gears E-day feels like it could have been a DLC for Gears 6 like Hivebusters was for Gears 5, Raam DLC for Gears 3 etc.

It means we will probably not see many iconic characters for a long time and no Gears 6 for a long time.  

Also showing a trailer like that always feels so barebones, similar what they did with Perfect Dark and Fable years ago and those games are still not released

Really hoped that we could get the next Gears before end of 2025 now I am not even sure it will make it before the next consoles releases.

So this year they had Hellblade II and what is next from xbox game studios that releases this year for sure? CoD?

Gears has returned to "Gears of War" instead of just "Gears"

I also expect E-Day will return back to the horror routes, remove all the open-world stuff and then take the same approach with Gears 6 but they will use Gears E-Day as a stopgap to get people used to that again, so that people don't expect Gears 6 to be more like Gears 5 with open-world sections.

shikamaru317 said:

Were a fair few no-shows this year. Games which are announced or that we've heard are coming that weren't shown:

-Project Mara
-Contraband
-Everwild
-The Outer Worlds 2
-Clockwork Revolution
-Fallout 3 Remaster
-Oblivion Remaster

Definitely felt like they held some stuff back for later shows.

You forgot the game that I liked the most from last year show,  Towerborne, anyway they will show it probably at gamescom...

Around the Network

Really amazing show. Awesome games.

Any idea what happened to that 360 JRPG rumour?

PixelPirate said:

It could've been something that was recently greenlit rather than something that was in the immediate future?

PixelPirate said:

After Jez first teased it with that "Blue" hint and people thought it was Blue Dragon remaster, some other leaker said it was a port of Mistwalker's Fantasian, the game that they released as a timed Apple Arcade exclusive back in 2021. Turns out it was neither. I have to wonder if some announces got pulled at the last minute, the stream was said to be roughly 2 hours, but they ended the CoD direct at about 1 hour and 45 minutes since the start of the show. 

It was a 8 or 9 show for me, Doom was the best 1st party game at the event by far and South of Midnight amazed me it was really gorgeous. I'm hyped for E-Day and Fable graphics wise looks awesome and I hope that more 1st party studios strive for that level of fidelity in the future, Indy and Stalker 2 also looked great.

Kepler had two of the best games at the showcase with Flintlock and Expedition 33 and I'm very happy that they are coming to GamePass day one. Sadly Perfect Dark didn't wow me but it still looks good and I love immersive sims. MS grabbing WuChang is a surprise and at the very least it shows that they are paying attention to the emerging Chinese/South Korean AAA scene.