By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

STALKER 2 vs Astro Bot tho, that’s the real battle this year.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Another classic Ryan take.

Why the fuck does a Gears prequel being made mean a Gears 6 won't be made? 🤣😂🤣

Remember when Halo Reach prevented Halo 4 from being made?

I'm seeing too many people saying "Guess we aren't getting a resolution to Gears 5 cliff-hanger ending!" 

Ryuu96 said:

Another classic Ryan take.

Why the fuck does a Gears prequel being made mean a Gears 6 won't be made? 🤣😂🤣

Remember when Halo Reach prevented Halo 4 from being made?

I'm seeing too many people saying "Guess we aren't getting a resolution to Gears 5 cliff-hanger ending!" 

Yeah, I'm sure there will be resolution eventually. It's just going to take awhile. Undated Gears E-Day likely means 2026 (cross-gen Holiday 2026 perhaps?), which likely means we won't get Gears 6 until at least 2030, 11 years after Gears 5. 

Who is Ryan? I guess Gears 6 is a couple of years off. I will take any Gears that plays like Gears tho. Just no more open world please.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Who is Ryan? I guess Gears 6 is a couple of years off. I will take any Gears that plays like Gears tho. Just no more open world please.

He’s a PlayStation fanboy and works at IGN. Basically you can 100% ignore him.  

What I will say tho is … that DA4 trailer was a fucking catastrophic fuckup. They made the game come across like a cartoony hero shooter. My hype for the game just dropped off a fucking cliff.

Were a fair few no-shows this year. Games which are announced or that we've heard are coming that weren't shown:

-Project Mara
-Contraband
-Everwild
-The Outer Worlds 2
-Clockwork Revolution
-Fallout 3 Remaster
-Oblivion Remaster

Definitely felt like they held some stuff back for later shows.

shikamaru317 said:

Were a fair few no-shows this year. Games which are announced or that we've heard are coming that weren't shown:

-Project Mara
-Contraband
-Everwild
-The Outer Worlds 2
-Clockwork Revolution
-Fallout 3 Remaster
-Oblivion Remaster

Definitely felt like they held some stuff back for later shows.

They better! I'm overwhelmed as hell just for this holiday season

VersusEvil said:

What I will say tho is … that DA4 trailer was a fucking catastrophic fuckup. They made the game come across like a cartoony hero shooter. My hype for the game just dropped off a fucking cliff.

I'll give them a chance with the gameplay reveal on Tuesday, but I'm not a fan of what we've heard about the gameplay from various sources up to now.

• Redesigned combat that feels more like a hack & slash brawler (think God of War 2018 and Ragnarok) than the tactical action RPG gameplay of the previous games
  • Party size shrunk from 4 members to 3 members
  • Reduced number of spells and skills to feel more Mass Effect like
  • Holdover elements from back when the game was originally planned to be GaaS, for instance deploying to instanced mission locations from your central base through a teleport mirror