By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

That was an underwhelming showcase by Keighley, following up an underwhelming Sony showcase recently. I would give it a 5/10 but it loses a point for that way too long mobile game live action trailer, so 4/10. The loss of E3 has badly damaged summer game announces, Keighley's show is a poor substitute for all that we lost, while Sony seems content to do shorter State of Play's now instead of proper, big summer showcase events. 

Hopefully Xbox does better than both, but I'm skeptical, will be hard for it to be good if they are announcing games for rival platforms on the show, it will take the wind right out of alot of Xbox fans' sails if they do. 

Geoff clearly said don't expect big reveals.

I don't understand what people want from these shows, GTA 6? Half life 3? There was a good list of games shown, not sure why there's so much complaining

Around the Network

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
shikamaru317 said:

That was an underwhelming showcase by Keighley, following up an underwhelming Sony showcase recently. I would give it a 5/10 but it loses a point for that way too long mobile game live action trailer, so 4/10. The loss of E3 has badly damaged summer game announces, Keighley's show is a poor substitute for all that we lost, while Sony seems content to do shorter State of Play's now instead of proper, big summer showcase events. 

Hopefully Xbox does better than both, but I'm skeptical, will be hard for it to be good if they are announcing games for rival platforms on the show, it will take the wind right out of alot of Xbox fans' sails if they do. 

I don't understand what people want from these shows, GTA 6? Half life 3? There was a good list of games shown, not sure why there's so much complaining

People pretend like it's the old days. In the old days, the vast majority of new game announcements came in E3 week. Now, they are spread throughout the year with various studio specific presentations and convention shows, with a significant amount happening at The Game Awards in December. 

If it was like the old days, and no one had announced their games at any other presentation or show over the last year, then this show would have been *loaded* with new game announcements and everyone would be praising Geoff.

👀

Around the Network
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
shikamaru317 said:

Nothing wrong with having a show with fewer major announcements but don’t expect to have your viewers pumped for 2 hours of smaller titles.

Geoff should make the shower shorter on years he doesn’t much major to show.

I missed out on the shows the last few days because my daughter was born a week earlier than we anticipated.

We just got back from the hospital and everyone's doing good.

Catching up and seeing all the announcements - there's a few good titles that were confirmed for release dates and some titles announced as well that I am interested in.

So the xbox show is tomorrow? Perfect timing

I'm gonna laugh so much when they announce Gears of War 2/3 remaster or remakes....because I just literally started on Gears 2 last week lol.

BasilZero said:

I missed out on the shows the last few days because my daughter was born a week earlier than we anticipated.

Catching up and seeing all the announcements - there's a few good titles that were confirmed for release dates and some titles announced as well that I am interested in.

I'm gonna laugh so much when they announce Gears of War 2/3 remaster or remakes....because I just literally started on Gears 2 last week lol.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

BasilZero said:

Congrats man! Enjoy the lack of sleep over the next month or so but take in every moment as it will go by in a flash!

She gets to watch her first game showcase with her dad!