By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Goodness gracious. 343 must be near 100% moved to the next Halo game if they can't even make in-house game modes lol. 

Around the Network

Xbos doesn't do any promotion for their games anyway so I think an E3 shadow drop is a good idea.

jason1637 said:

Xbos doesn't do any promotion for their games anyway so I think an E3 shadow drop is a good idea.

Ooooof, facts! Starfield's promotion was fantastic, probably the best promotion since Halo 3, but that was handled by Bethesda lol.

jason1637 said:

E3. lol

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
jason1637 said:

E3. lol

We need something to call this week. Even if E3 isn't a thing anymore, we could still call the week of announcements E3 week. Sony State of Play, Xbox Showcase, Summer Game Show, PC game show, already numerous third parties doing things, and I'm sure Nintendo will do something. It needs a name, why not E3 still, since that's what we've been used to for decades?

E3 can live on fondly as simply the name of the collective announcement of games in a certain week of June.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Leynos said:

E3. lol

We need something to call this week. Even if E3 isn't a thing anymore, we could still call the week of announcements E3 week. Sony State of Play, Xbox Showcase, Summer Game Show, PC game show, already numerous third parties doing things, and I'm sure Nintendo will do something. It needs a name, why not E3 still, since that's what we've been used to for decades?

E3 can live on fondly as simply the name of the collective announcement of games in a certain week of June.

SGF.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For a long time I thought the we <3 Katamari was the one we got on gamepass but that one was Katamari Damacy.

So bought We <3 Katamari + royal Reverie this week.

Next Week we normally get another Non BC Xbox 360 games sale but I hope it will comes with discounts for BC 360 games aswell + maybe sales after the showcase for some particular 'new' games...Anyway so not spending much this week =p

Leynos said:
jason1637 said:

E3. lol

Keigh 3

I know it's not very important but seeing Xbox at 200k in April is quite depressing.

But then I remember I probably care more about Xbox than Microsoft themself.

No marketing for the console in Europe.
No marketing for the games.

I can't get over it but the 360 era (and my childhood) are trully no more...

(Sorry for the doom & gloom)

NightF0x73 said:

I know it's not very important but seeing Xbox at 200k in April is quite depressing.

But then I remember I probably care more about Xbox than Microsoft themself.

No marketing for the console in Europe.
No marketing for the games.

I can't get over it but the 360 era (and my childhood) are trully no more...

(Sorry for the doom & gloom)

You definitely do care more. To Microsoft, Xbox as a console is viewed as a convenient tool used to get you into Game Pass. 

To Microsoft, Game Pass is the marketing. Every game shown has Game Pass on it. Every console trailer has Game Pass on it. Game Pass has its own dedicated trailers. Cloud streaming is only available on Game Pass. 

Every facet of their business model is around Game Pass for better or worse. Everything else is just a nice cherry on top, like third party sales. 

It also doesn't help that there's an internal battle over the future of Xbox, which the top of the food chain is always going to win out.