Grounded was #12.

"Ranked in dollar sales."

Holy shit.

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Grounded was #12.

Holy shit.

Is that in response to Grounded, Sea of Thieves, Fallout 4 or all of the above?

Sea of Thieves going to zoom to that 50m.

Ryuu96 said:
coolbeans said:

Holy shit.

Mostly focusing on Grounded, given its more modest price range.  But, yeah, all of them are impressive stats.

Around the Network

Performance of Sea of Thieves, Grounded on PS5, the performance of their titles on PC as well, show that Microsoft makes very desirable games despite what people would try have you believe, but the hardware itself isn't desirable in large numbers. Sea of Thieves as an example will likely do millions for PS5, as will Grounded, they could have got an Xbox but didn't.

But it also says to me that GAAS titles don't need to be day-and-date multiplatform, Sea of Thieves is frigging 6 years old and Grounded is 2 (full release) - 4 (early access release) years old. It also shows why publishers go for GAAS because when you have a successful one, this is what happens, barely a new title in the Top 10 lists consistently, focused on the blackhole games.

Sea of Thieves got bad reviews, Grounded got good reviews, Hi-Fi Rush got critical acclaim, Grounded alone has probably tripled Hi-Fi Rush sales on PS5, God knows what Sea of Thieves has done, it has clearly been a huge success on PS5. Once a publisher gets a successful GAAS they can sell better years later than even some of their critically acclaimed SP focused titles.

Sea of Thieves will probably do a few million for Switch 2?

Imagine if they could get it on mobile, Lol.

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Mostly focusing on Grounded, given its more modest price range.  But, yeah, all of them are impressive stats.

Kinda funny that Grounded will likely be (if it isn't already) Obsidian's most successful game despite it not being a typical Obsidian release (AAA SP RPG), it is almost certainly their most profitable given the team size, budget and sales. Wonder what Adam will do next, Grounded 2? Lol.

Leynos said:

Buy the game. It deserves the sales. And no it's not like Persona at all. As a fan of both series I'm not in the least offended if someone asks how it compares to Persona but Persona fans are a weird fickle bunch who act like you killed their grandmother if you ask that lol. If you want a JRPG that spends only 10 min of setup before in battle and is darker. No power of friendship. No saving the world. Just a demon boy who kills demons and gods and then recruits them. Have fun. Enjoy the surreal strange journey that is SMT.

I always find this interesting take.  Why should I buy the game if it's provided on a service I already pay for.  It's not like the Devs are not compensated for putting their game on the service and I benefit them by actually playing their game on that service.  For someone like myself who has not played none of the previous games, putting it on GP is the best opportunity for the dev to gain new customers.