By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

I would rather MS increase GP prices by a measly $4-10 (depending on the tier) than to see them close studios down like Tango.

If not buying one more latte out a month is the price I have to pay to provide job security to studios making games as artful and creative as HiFi Rush, then that's an incredibly small price to pay!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Been to all of them except Stockholm

Official ATLUS West | Instagram

Atlus leaked(?) SMT coming to Game Pass.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 May 2024

Buy the game. It deserves the sales. And no it's not like Persona at all. As a fan of both series I'm not in the least offended if someone asks how it compares to Persona but Persona fans are a weird fickle bunch who act like you killed their grandmother if you ask that lol. If you want a JRPG that spends only 10 min of setup before in battle and is darker. No power of friendship. No saving the world. Just a demon boy who kills demons and gods and then recruits them. Have fun. Enjoy the surreal strange journey that is SMT.

Around the Network

I played KI post-update. I can't tell any difference in how it looks. What was improved? Yes I have the paid version of the game.

Leynos said:

I played KI post-update. I can't tell any difference in how it looks. What was improved? Yes I have the paid version of the game.

It's more or less just a native Xbox Series port rather than a remaster/remake. Included 4K resolution support, balance changes, and improved online matchmaking.

Leynos said:

Buy the game. It deserves the sales. And no it's not like Persona at all. As a fan of both series I'm not in the least offended if someone asks how it compares to Persona but Persona fans are a weird fickle bunch who act like you killed their grandmother if you ask that lol. If you want a JRPG that spends only 10 min of setup before in battle and is darker. No power of friendship. No saving the world. Just a demon boy who kills demons and gods and then recruits them. Have fun. Enjoy the surreal strange journey that is SMT.

Damn others described it as Persona to me and I was thinking nah, Persona sucks but what you described sounds great.

Ryuu96 said:

So no changes to the tier other than a likely price increase? Honestly was starting to think they'd put COD in Ultimate only.

They'll probably bump Ultimate to around $20 I think.

Wish they would merge GP Console and GP PC together...

I doubt a price increase mainly for 2 reasons.

1. They raised it just last year when challenged by the FTC on the acquisition of ABK while stipulating that the buyout would not impact GamePass pricing. Seems a little weird to do a pre-emptive raise for it not to be associated with the buyout just to raise it again anyway.

2. It would be the first time an Xbox service cost would rise above compounded inflation.

I think MS is making other change to GamePass aimed mainly to miaximise conversion of CoD player to GamePass.

For instance, CoD as a lot of CoD only player and all current tier of gamePass does not give them any added incentive. If you only play CoD then there's no point in GamePass for it. But Cod, as many other game have seasons passes, and they are quite expensive. So if MS can add paid option to all tier of GamePass to cover seasons pass in supported title they could give incentive for those 1 title players to "Upgrade" to GamePass. And Xbox should have enough headroom to make yearly gamepass + season option just a little under the cost of 1 CoD + 1 year of seasons passes.