By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45
Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Playground should take advantage of Ninja Theory's full mocap studio too.

Every studio at MS including ABK should take advantage of NT studio.  By far they are at the top of the game when it comes to their mo cap studio and production.

Well, I was more thinking because both are located in the UK and Fable will heavily use British actors so they could just record everything at Ninja Theory, they're only 2 hours apart too. Ninja Theory's mocap is amazing but it'll probably be a little more complicated for studios outside of UK unless they're also using British actors.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 May 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

Every studio at MS including ABK should take advantage of NT studio.  By far they are at the top of the game when it comes to their mo cap studio and production.

Well, I was more thinking because both are located in the UK and Fable will heavily use British actors so they could just record everything at Ninja Theory, they're only 2 hours apart too. Ninja Theory's mocap is amazing but it'll probably be a little more complicated for studios outside of UK unless they're also using British actors.

I was thinking of moving the tech to a number of places for all MS major studios to utilize.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

I was thinking of moving the tech to a number of places for all MS major studios to utilize.

Could do that, they should centralise the work too, none of the UK studios need their own mocap studio when they can just use Ninja Theory's. Unfortunately I do not know of any studios which would utilise mocap in the UK aside from Playground Games Not like Rare will be using it, Idk what else Xbox has in England.

Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

Could do that, they should centralise the work too, none of the UK studios need their own mocap studio when they can just use Ninja Theory's. Unfortunately I do not know of any studios which would utilise mocap in the UK aside from Playground Games Not like Rare will be using it, Idk what else Xbox has in England.

Just several support studios for Sledgehammer, Activision, King, and Mojang. 

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

In the long run they'd probably be better off building a high end mo-cap studio near each of their studio clusters. The problem with using NT's studio exclusively is that you would start to accrue pretty large airfare and hotel expenses, a studio in say California like The Initiative would be needing to fly a team of mo-cap technicians (probably at least 5 of them) and the mo-cap actors halfway around the world to the UK, and then pay for hotels and everything for however long the mocap recording takes (I would guess at least a few weeks to get all animations and all actors). 

Xbox has studios clustered in a few different locations, so it would be cheaper in the long run I think to have a high-end mo-cap studio located near each cluster:

Texas

• Bethesda Austin
  • Bethesda Dallas
  • id Software

Los Angeles California

• The Initiative
  • inXile
  • Obsidian
  • Blizzard's main headquarters
  • Infinity Ward
  • Treyarch
  • Solid State

San Francisco California

• Double Fine
  • Sledgehammer Games (assuming Xbox builds them a new headquarters there, they closed their headquarters earlier this year and they were said to be on work from home until the end of 2024)

UK

• Rare
  • Playground
  • Ninja Theory

Maryland

• Bethesda Game Studios
  • Zenimax Online

Washington

• World's Edge
  • Turn 10
  • Undead Labs

The remainder of their main studios and satellite studios are spread out all over the place, Wisconsin (Raven), Ireland (Demonware), Quebec (Beenox), Montreal (Compulsion), Sweden (Machine), France (Arkane), Poland (Elsewhere), Shanghai (Activision Shanghai), Vancouver (The Coalition), Albany (Blizzard Albany), Boston (Blizzard Boston), New Orleans (inXile New Orleans) so not alot you can do with those other than flying elsewhere or renting out a local mo-cap studio or using a lower end one within their own building.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 May 2024

Around the Network

The new Doom title teased by Tom Henderson.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 24 May 2024

So I'm guessing the new Doom will be a prequel and will be heavily inspired by the first Quake. Would love some demon slaying in a Gothic like setting.

NateTheHate saying Doom The Dark Ages will be a multi platform release.

G2ThaUNiT said:

NateTheHate saying Doom The Dark Ages will be a multi platform release.

I'm confident at this stage that everything from Bethesda & Activision Blizzard will be multiplatform day one now. XGS will maybe be case by case/timed exclusives. I feel like they need to just rip the band-aid off and get people used to them becoming multiplatform now or at least tell everyone their full plans so we don't have to deal with this every game, Lol. It takes away focus from the games themselves.

If the plan is to have XGS case-by-case/timed exclusive and Bethesda/Activision Blizzard as fully multiplatform then just be honest and say it, if the plan is to make everything multiplatform eventually then just be honest and say it, they can't be going through complaining every single title for the next 5 years until they've done their transition, just let everyone get their complaining out the way now.

If everything is going multiplatform then just be upfront, this vagueness will hurt them more than just ripping the band-aid off and letting the chips fall, they can't drag this out for years, instead just let people get it out their system in a month or so, clearly the pro-exclusive camp has lost inside of Microsoft and now I feel like their insistence on having one foot in the door will just be dragging negative PR out for years.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 May 2024

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

ABK already have their own mo-cap studio and is larger than Ninja Theory's we already saw Compulsion using it.