By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 15 40.54%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 59.46%

Total:37

Probably going to wait for SteamDeck 2 to be announced and the Xbox Handheld.

Then I'll do a power comparison.

If the Xbox Handheld dualboots into Windows and has access to Steam, I'll get that but I'll start gaming on Steam. I'll probably start with Sony IP then try to detach myself from caring about my achievements so the switch is less painful. It's weird I care so much about achievements because I don't care about them at all for Switch and actually find it a relief that Switch doesn't have achievements.

I'm so cautious about building a PC and all the settings, optimisation, all that stuff, SteamDeck docked seems like a good thing but I want it to be more powerful, honestly I'm okay with 60fps and nice graphics but I'm not one of those obsessed graphic freaks who needs every setting on max and running the game at 240fps. (Jk).

Xbox is just going to become a bigger ABK, studios will be forced into the Fallout and Elder Scrolls mines and the moment a 1st party doesn't come to Game Pass I feel it will be the beginning of the end for Game Pass, as for the 3rd party stuff, I don't care about that but for fuck sake stop playing with people and just rip the band-aid off and go full 3rd party already and announce your console plans at the same time so people can make informed decisions.

I want to make an informed decision between PC, SteamDeck 2 or Xbox Handheld.

Around the Network

Spade gonna finally return and be like “where tf did everyone go” 😂

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Spade gonna finally return and be like “where tf did everyone go” 😂

Still sticking around here for the community and the developers/games.

Fuck Microsoft though. Fuck Xbox Execs.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 May 2024

But G2 will be the new OP, I'm done in this capacity, I have more important things to focus on.

I'm just going to maybe update the OP one last time with a focus on the games, then I'm probably taking a step back and my participation will largely be just popping in to talk about games I'm playing.

Anyone know when SteamDeck 2 is rumoured to be announced?

Xbox is dead this isn’t even doom posting anymore, the next Xbox will be used more as a Steam Machine.

Nadella killed Xbox and Phil Spencer is a coward hiding behind BS PR statements, Matt is just being used as a fall guy. Ninja Theory, Double Fine and Compulsion have no future under MS.

Around the Network

Alright, I trust Mat, I'm probably overreacting over the COD debate part.

Ryuu96 said:

Alright, I trust Mat, I'm probably overreacting over the COD debate part.

I had the same thoughts as Mat. Debating and discussing is one thing. Another is actually doing it. Or in this case NOT putting Call of Duty on Game Pass. What they might do is have Call of Duty day one on Game Pass Ultimate only. Or just raise the price to like $15 for standard Game Pass and $25 for Ultimate. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

EspadaGrim said:

Xbox is dead this isn’t even doom posting anymore, the next Xbox will be used more as a Steam Machine.

Nadella killed Xbox and Phil Spencer is a coward hiding behind BS PR statements, Matt is just being used as a fall guy. Ninja Theory, Double Fine and Compulsion have no future under MS.

Funny that for all my rage, the next Xbox being being a dual boot into Windows would actually excite me a lot more than a traditional console but recent decisions are pushing me into Steam's ecosystem further while I would have stayed in Xbox's still if they weren't being so bloodthirsty.

I just have to detach myself from my achievements but if the next Xbox is a Xbox/PC hybrid then I'll probably just use Xbox as a Game Pass machine and play anything not on Game Pass on Steam, that way I can build up my library on Steam partly while still taking advantage of Game Pass.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 May 2024

Random thoughts of mine here:

Biggest thing for me for consoles is that I like the ease of it. Out of the box I can basically press a button and start a game with basically another press. I know you can do whatever on a PC, but it takes a little more setup. And I like the mental separation between the PC ecosystem and console ecosystem. (I have a good PC and I have like 300 games on Steam, but I prefer playing on console except for RTS.)

These cuts seem focused on BGS; so I think it's likely there will be more elsewhere. Unfortunately.

This is pretty frustrating and heartbreaking stuff. And I feel less sure about what MS's future is in the industry is right now, than I've felt in several years. In a sense of not sure what they're doing with gamepass, or what games will go to PS/NS, what studios will still be there in a few months. 

But I also think long term it won't be the worst. I think MS will still be in a better shape after everything than when they started this gen. It just won't be the rosy future expected, even like 8 months ago.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Funny that for all my rage, the next Xbox being being a dual boot into Windows would actually excite me a lot more than a traditional console but recent decisions are pushing me into Steam's ecosystem further while I would have stayed in Xbox's still if they weren't being so bloodthirsty.

I just have to detach myself from my achievements but if the next Xbox is a Xbox/PC hybrid then I'll probably just use Xbox as a Game Pass machine and play anything not on Game Pass on Steam, that way I can build up my library on Steam partly while still taking advantage of Game Pass.

Hopefully that’s what it ends up being otherwise I will have to look into SteamDeck 2 or build a gaming PC, I still want to keep my Xbox Game Library though.