By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

wow dude, xbox SUCKS

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

I really hope Phil or Sarah takes the stage at a conference (which is the next? SGF?) and get boo'ed at like crazy. Make them feeeeeeel!

They deserve to be booed but don't restrict it to just Xbox, they all deserve to be booed right now aside from Nintendo, don't let the other fuckers get away with it, Xbox ain't the only one who has been doing awful layoffs and closures recently, fuck em all.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

This pitch is completely dead! lol 

I'm going to be real here, if Phil has integrity at all, he should step down right now and cast the blame for this on Satya Nadella and Amy Hood, the only 2 people at Microsoft who could have overrode him on this decision. If he doesn't, that tells me he made this decision and that his words were lies all along. Personally I always suspected he was a liar, always did give me used car salesman vibes, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. That benefit ends now. 

Whatever made you believe that Phil cares what you care about.  Do you think all the promotions he has gotten and now pretty much only report to Satya is by chance.  Yes, Phil made these decisions and only Phil.  Stop believing this is some push by others but realize that this is all Phil.  Phil is in charge of MS gaming and it's his job to make it successful.  That may not line up with what you believe he should do but that is definitely what he will do and it doesn't matter the tears it causes. 

Most of you continue to delude yourselves in believing that Phil is one of you.  He has always been a corp level executive and he will continue to be.  So no, he isn't going to step down.  No he doesn't care about your tears.  Even this quote means nothing.  It's something said yesterday and today is another story. One of Phil biggest problem is that he talks to much.  Most corp execs at his level you never hear a word from and there is a reason and this is pretty much it.  Maybe now he will keep his mouth shut but knowing him he probably going to go on some interview and try to explain something that cannot be explained.

Serious though, where is the Hellblade 2 marketing? Release is just 2 weeks out.... I really fear for Ninja Theory.

Ryuu96 said:
PixelPirate said:

I really hope Phil or Sarah takes the stage at a conference (which is the next? SGF?) and get boo'ed at like crazy. Make them feeeeeeel!

They deserve to be booed but don't restrict it to just Xbox, they all deserve to be booed right now aside from Nintendo, don't let the other fuckers get away with it, Xbox ain't the only one who has been doing awful layoffs and closures recently, fuck em all.

You're right! Please Nintendo, remain the way you are. I beg you!

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Serious though, where is the Hellblade 2 marketing? Release is just 2 weeks out.... I really fear for Ninja Theory.

Greenberg said that marketing was kicking off as of yesterday. But then again, he also said Hi-Fi Rush was a massive success

PixelPirate said:

This game isn't going to do amazing even with the best marketing in the world, the only reported numbers for Hellblade I was 1m sales a year after launch and 6.3m players across all platforms, 4 years after launch + Game Pass. The way I see it, Hellblade is closer to a sort of "art" project, it will be an amazing technical achievement and tackle strong themes but it was never going to be a big seller or designed to be.

It's a short, linear story focused title and it should do "decent" commercially and well critically and originally those sort of projects you'd have said were great for Game Pass but not anymore, with this recent shift in strategy and Matt Booty's comments, Hellblade doesn't fit into that and it makes me terrified for Ninja Theory, I'm going to be playing Hellblade II and constantly thinking in the back of my mind "don't get too attached, Ninja Theory will likely be closed" because of Matt's comments, even with the best marketing, Hellblade II doesn't fit into Matt's comments.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:

I'm going to have to look deeper into PC but the Xbox console is more than ever just a piece of plastic that plays games I like from developers I love, what I mean by that, I'll still likely play Xbox for the near future and I'm still excited by a lot of Xbox's announced titles (Hellblade II, Avowed, Fable, The Outer Worlds 2, Indiana Jones, Clockwork Revolution, Blade, Elder Scrolls, Forza Horizon, Halo, Gears, etc.) but the overarching Xbox leadership above those brilliant developers, I am incredibly angry at and my faith in them is ruined, I think Phil, Booty and Aaron need to step down.

There's amazing developers at these studios and they are who I'm going to focus on trying to support, not Xbox, that's why I sort of want to change the name to something else, not sure what, I don't like the Empire part of the name now, but honestly I don't even think I want to be OP of this thread anymore, I just want to go and play good games and not be a fan of a specific platform anymore or feel like I'm some free marketing hoe for Microsoft while they pull shit like this.

Maybe it's just me but I have always been this way.  I never have nor will be a fan of any corporation.  I purchase their products because it fills an entertainment need and nothing else.  Sony, Nintendo, MS you name it. I have no love for any large corporations as they all have their corp side and thus being a fan only puts you in position to be let down.  As they saying goes, never meet your heroes, they are never what you think or believe them to be.

You probably should step down Ryuu, you way to invested.  Maybe someone else will take your mantle or the thread will die but if your heart is not in it then its best to move on.

Bit harsh no?

Like Game Pass was meant to be for games like Hellblade, Psychonauts 2, etc.

It was literally pitched to creatives this way, they even said Game Pass would help keep studios alive who don't necessarily have big commercial successes but do make quality creative projects, Game Pass was meant to stop these closures and provide a safety blanket.

It hasn't. It has failed in that goal. So now any studio which relied on Game Pass is at risk (Ninja Theory, Double Fine, Compulsion Games, etc.)

Matt's statement was frankly awful and now has people rightfully thinking multiple studios will close and his comments have basically spat over the Game Pass model so much so that it makes me wonder again if Game Pass will exist in the distant future or if it will get major changes.

Matt's comments basically say Game Pass model has failed for being a safety blanket to creative/smaller projects.