By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 15 40.54%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 59.46%

Total:37

Around the Network

Like 90% of the comments are about Tango and the few that are about Arkane Austin are pretty much "that's shit but it does make sense"

Hardstuck-Platinum said:
smroadkill15 said:

There is always a "winning" and "losing" console. Was there no console war the previous generations? You prove time and time again to be invested by every conversation being about it. You use this excuse to dismiss your behavior and not be held accountable for console warring. You care more about twitter console drama than actually playing games. When asked why you never talk about playing games, I quote, "Why would I. It's not exactly a hobby to be proud of." But talking about the bullshit on Twitter is something to be proud of? 

Its not nearly as simple as you make it seem to delay the game. You do realize a game starts printing and shipping about a month of release? For all we know CoD already started this phase and it would cause more issues to try and delay the game when retailers and ABK are expecting shipments by a certain date. Nobody in MS situation would have delayed the game with such a short amount of time. This is also expecting MS to be in a position to make these kinds of decisions with such a short turnaround. 

When Dan Stapleton gave starfield a 7/10, he was overwhelmed with a vile torrent of abuse. He was on twitter trying to reason with the Xbox fans but I found it really disturbing to watch that a mob of people came after him like they did. Console war topics mean a lot to me because people get treated horribly because of it and I'm just really looking forward to seeing the end of the console wars. 

The reason I didn't tell you about all the games I play, is because I don't just start trying to prove myself whenever someone tries to command me to do so. No-one should have to do that. 

About COD, they would have been in a transition period for awhile, and MS would have started having influence long before the closing date because they would have known that they were going to get blizzard eventually. It's not like they would've just gone from 0% influence and control to 100% overnight

VersusEvil said:

We all went on about how GP was the best deal in gaming and how it was gonna save Xbox and make Xbox a compelling system and here we fucking are;

1. Second worst selling Xbox ever
2. Game Pass starting to decline

If this was how it was going to turn out where some of my favourite studios are at risk of closing if they don’t release profitable games whilst AT THE SAME TIME completely cannibalising any sales they could have got because GP then fuck me … GP was a fucking disease and I wish I never supported it.

Personally not playing another game through GP, will go back to purchasing all my games. 

This is one way to look at it.

You can say I’m to blame here because I never supported GamePass model and preferred the old school way of buying games physically day one, so GamePass never took off because of people like me and never reached it’s full potential.

GamePass is just like Netflix. Microsoft gambled huge on it and failed. If GamePass would have grown to 50m subscribers I think the situation would have been different, but it never did, and probably this model isn’t sustainable with current subscriber count

Going back to 2020-2021 era (Xbox Series X/S) launch period it’s crazy to think how the tables have turned. Xbox was probably in its best form since Xbox One launch back then and what we get now is Xbox being at an all time low. The state they are right now, ever since the multiplat drama is WAY, WAY WORSE than 2017 and that says a lot.
Seeing how a lot of people here and on other resources write that they are considering or already switched to a different platform, I find it hard to understand how Xbox can ever recover from this. Fanbase is taking a massive hit and Microsoft’s reputation is destroyed within community. I think it’s easier to ask who’s still staying after this, then who’s leaving

Game Pass is profitable but stopped growing way before they expected it to and they had much larger goals for it although I would say those goals were stupid, IIRC they were like 100m+ which is insane, Imo.

But because it stopped rapidly growing it doesn't matter if it's profitable when capitalism demands constant growth and so they're pivoting towards major blockbusters as their next area of focus to boost revenue/profits in their fiscal reports.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

I find it hard to understand how Xbox can ever recover from this. Fanbase is taking a massive hit and Microsoft’s reputation is destroyed within community.

I don't think they care, they've given up trying to please that section of the community now, they're now all in on the money making, they don't care about upsetting Xbox online users or Xbox console users because they're a minority to their ultimate goals and they will likely succeed in becoming the biggest third party publisher in the industry but it's going to come at the cost of them being looked at like the next EA...But again, sadly, they won't care about their reputation as long as they are making money.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

I remember seeing the 100m+ slide but it’s crazy to think that there are people in Xbox leadership who really believed that. It just shows their complete incompetence. Where they could get the 100m. Did they overestimate PC audience? Because it’s clear that with how good Steam sales are, PC gamers never would have gotten up on GamePass massively. If you are gaming on PC on a budget, you can just wait for Steam sales which happen a few times a year and buy games with 80-90% discounts and keep them to yourself instead of paying a subscription. Gamepass is just not as enticing on PC as it is on a console due to competition with Steam. On a console? Then they needed AT LEAST 360 level sales and that still wouldn’t be enough because I don’t see 100% console gamers subscribing to GamePass in a any scenario.

All I’m gonna say is that I really feel bad for giving them a chance back in 2020, thinking they mind be serious about build a strong gaming brand and a platform after Bethesda acquisition announcement and cancelling PS5 pre-order in favor of Series X

Ryuu96 said:

I don't think they care, they've given up trying to please that section of the community now, they're now all in on the money making, they don't care about upsetting Xbox online users or Xbox console users because they're a minority to their ultimate goals and they will likely succeed in becoming the biggest third party publisher in the industry but it's going to come at the cost of them being looked at like the next EA...But again, sadly, they won't care about their reputation as long as they are making money.

That’s true, maybe. But again, they might fail even at their ultimate goals. Because to become this huge publisher, you need to have the audience for your games. A lot of people in Xbox community are pissed off now. Selling games on PS5 and Switch might not solve the problem because you might be competing with Sony and Nintendo games there. Like, for example, HiFi Rush was released on PS5 at the same time as Rise of the Ronin did. What could have possibly gone wrong that we saw HFR discounted from 30 to 20 in just one month?

Compulsion and Doublefine are doomed 100%, if they touch Ninja Theory then Phil can f**k off and just turn in his resignation. The promises he made to those studios were all lies.