By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Now just to throw more salt in the hemorrhaging wound....

Yikes, if that is true this game is in straight up development hell. It got a soft reboot from the original just The Imitative build that the Sunset Overdrive guy worked on when Crystal Dynamics got brought in, and now we learn it's in trouble again. Safe bet we won't be seeing gameplay on the Summer showcase then. 

Honestly XGS in general seems like a hot mess in the years since their 2017 acquisition spree, we've now heard about some degree of development issues on:

• State of Decay 3
  • Fable
  • Perfect Dark
  • Halo Infinite
  • Avowed
  • South of Midnight

If this is true about Perfect Dark then I'd give you that, though IIRC Rebbekah from IGN said development was going fine now, I'll also give you Halo Infinite.

Not sure Avowed, SoM and SoD3 deserve to be listed there though, Avowed went through a direction change which resulted in a soft-reboot, that isn't really a development mess but a not all too uncommon occurrence in development, it may end up for the better and it's a good thing they rescoped, too many producers don't rescope and they end up releasing a hot mess.

SoD3...Wasn't that just cultural issues? Though arguably worse but ultimately fixed, I remember Xbox revealed the trailer before they were even ready though but that is hardly UL's fault. I honestly can't remember hearing development issues on SoM, they're consistently voted one of the best studios to work at in Canada, Lol.

Also, Fable is fine too, only thing I can remember about that is a former developer saying something which was twisted and he even said his words were twisted and then someone from VGC saying at one point they were sort of "stuck" on something one time but everything is going good now and that's just typical development too, not a single game has had smooth development from start to finish.

Around the Network

Honestly … think I might just plug the switch in and become a Nintendo f..🤮.. fanboy ..

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Also, Matt Booty was only recently brough in as Head of Zenimax when they did that re-organising last year, so this is even worse because one of the first things Matt Booty does when taking over Zenimax officially is shutting down multiple Zenimax studios, now of course someone may say that it may not be Matt Booty's decision and I get that but it's still an incredibly bad look. All those Zenimax employees see their new boss is from XGS, instead of a Zenimax employee, next thing they see is the new boss shutting down their studios.

Should have been Todd Howard as Head of Zenimax instead, Lol.

Xbox leadership needs to be replaced whether they agreed with the decision or not.

ABK feels like a poison chalice that got the money grabbers focused on Xbox.

The mood could not get any worse than this so they might as well just rip the multiplatform band-aid off now.

VersusEvil said:

Honestly … think I might just plug the switch in and become a Nintendo f..🤮.. fanboy ..

And get zero achievements for all the games you play? I don't think you'd go that low lol

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
VersusEvil said:

And get zero achievements for all the games you play? I don't think you'd go that low lol

Im a broken man ..

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I always thought Feargus might be good in a leadership position.

-Shrug-

Not as Head of MS Gaming but the development pipeline specifically, Obsidian has always been very efficient, I know Sawyer was upset by the cuts that had to be made to PoE2 but Obsidian wasn't exactly rolling in money so I guess Feargus had to make difficult cut decisions and it still resulted in an amazing game? Seems he knows what to cut and when whilst still releasing a great title.

Rod Fergusson? Known as a brilliant producer although the design decisions for Diablo IV are a bit sus, Lol. He gets a game out though and to usually a high standard, he's very efficient. Pierre Hintz did a brilliant turnaround of Halo and is another great producer, it unfortunately didn't save Infinite but that feels more like a case of too late and not Pierre's fault for inheriting a mess.

Maybe Brian Fargo since he has the experience of running a publisher entity.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

Agreed with Idas.

If Phil leaves this year then it'll be obvious he was made the fall guy though for their transition if that also happens this year, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

I'm really terrified for Double Fine Tbh...Psychonauts 2 was arguably more niche than Hi-Fi Rush...Didn't sell well at all...Didn't do much for Game Pass. They're only probably ~80 employees less than Tango. Their next title is probably a year or two away and going to be a small title.

Tango is newish and without Mikami and Arkane is still alive with Lyon. But if they kill off Double Fine, a studio established since 2000 with legendary veteran Tim Schaffer, there's going to be an absolute massive shitstorm and rightfully so but with Matt Booty's shitty statement I don't see how Double Fine lives.

I'm at the stage where I have to beg shitty Microsoft not to kill another studio, please let them spin off to independence again, I'm enraged by Arkane Austin and Tango's closures, Double Fine would break my damn heart.