By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Gearbox might save themselves next.

Around the Network

4A Games is a subsidiary of Saber Interactive.

Please tell me Saber's split from Embracer includes all their subsidiaries too!!!

Although in the current climate, I still have worry no matter where these studios go but...probably better than Embracer.

Private capital firms can be and are often equally as cruel.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Saber saves itself.

A $500m infusion may be enough to save some other studios as well, Embracer only had $1.5b in debt from their acquisition spree remaining after last year's restructuring and layoffs, this move by Saber will shrink that down to $1b in debt. 

Ryuu96 said:

Gearbox might save themselves next.

Gearbox buying their own freedom would cover the remainder of the debt most likely, since Embracer paid $1.3b for Gearbox, they'd probably get at least $1b from Gearbox to buy their own freedom back. 

An option...

I'm begging you Saber, take 4A Games with you.

I feel sorry for the Saber subsidiaries that will be left behind...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 February 2024

Around the Network

Huh, so KOTOR remake is still alive. But it seemed like Sony backed out, considering they deleted all references to the game and the reveal trailer from their Youtube channel. So maybe Embracer and Disney had proceeded on developing it without Sony involvement? Hopefully means it will be day one multiplatform now with Saber self-publishing. 

Xbox's Q3 and Q4 continues to get fuller lol

It’s weird how you don’t see the online outcry against Embracer. MS buys a studio and it’s the end of the fucking world but Embracer? Eh who cares … but oh no the consequences.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I am glad to see at least some of the studios free themselves from that disaster that was the Embracer group. Hopefully, more of them can do the same

If they sell Gearbox and Crystal Dynamics then I'd be even more convinced Lars is a dumb fuck but who cares, Embracer has been trash.

But it feels like they're in pure desperation mode to reduce that debt ASAP with no thought of the long-term, Lol.